Thread: Dana 44/60 hybrid

Dana 44/60 hybrid

I'm thinking about making some changes to my 2012 JK. Waiting on my coilovers from EVO. I would like to run 40's and in turn would then likely need Dana 60's. With that said then I have to change wheel due to the bolt pattern on the 60. If i were to run the new 44/60 hybrid i can keep my new slab wheels. Any thoughts on the Dana 44/60 hybrid? Think it will survive with the 40's? Any opinion is welcome.

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
    I havent see it yet, who makes it?

i too would love to give this setup a try but, the diff is what is 44 and the end forgings and knuckles are what are 60's. i would imagine you could get the bolt pattern in whatever you want but, i may have to talk to dynatrac to make sure.

The Original Smartass piginajeep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    i too would love to give this setup a try but, the diff is what is 44 and the end forgings and knuckles are what are 60's. i would imagine you could get the bolt pattern in whatever you want but, i may have to talk to dynatrac to make sure.
    i know its common on the TJ's for rockcrawl competitions.

I cant imagine it would be any different for the JK. The only thing that would stop me is knowing a true 60 is basically the same price.
    2012 JK8
    1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)
    1953 M38A1

Quote Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
    I havent see it yet, who makes it?
    It's done by Dynatrac.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
    i know its common on the TJ's for rockcrawl competitions.

I cant imagine it would be any different for the JK. The only thing that would stop me is knowing a true 60 is basically the same price.
    no kidding. it is hard to justify the additional clearance you get at the sacrifice of a much bigger and stronger center section.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    no kidding. it is hard to justify the additional clearance you get at the sacrifice of a much bigger and stronger center section.
    Thanks for the input guys. I'll let you know what I do just in case you're interested!