Thread: Hello from Denver, CO.

Hello from Denver, CO.

Hello. Brand new to the forum. I'm not exactly a "Jeep guy". What brings me here is a rig that I'm building. It's a 1984 DEFENDER 110. I've watched basically all of Wayalife's YouTube vids over the years and my plans are to build an Overland/Trail rig, similar to the rigs you guys build. Just a different starting point. Modifications that I have in mind for our DEFENDER are very out of the box for the Land Rover crowd. Beyond bolt-ons, the DEFENDER community isn't much help. They are extremely capable and well traveled rigs, in their own right and I see their point. But I want to go to that next level.

I'm not new to Land Rovers, Off-Road, or Fabrication. We currently have five Rovers that we try to get out on the trails as often as possible. Everything from SERIES III to the Mk III RANGE ROVER. Now it's time to build a pretty capable family rig. I had the DEFENDER imported from the UK last November. I'm currently sourcing a V6 Ford Eco Boost powerplant for it. From there on out it's wide open and that's why I'm here. I'm not sure the original drivetrain will handle what will be thrown at it, so it's probably all going to go. I'll get a thread started to document the teardown and build. I know it's not what you guys see everyday, but when it comes to suspension setups and building a drivetrain that can handle power and abuse, I know I'm in the right place.

IMAG0024_1.jpg

Hello from Denver, CO.

Welcome to Wayalife! That's a nice looking project you got going there.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Hello from Denver, CO.

Welcome, I will be interested in seeing your build thread.

I'm wrapping up our '72 SERIES III this summer. Once it's out of the garage, it'll be full time on the DEFENDER. So, since the 110 lives outside at the moment, I can get the interior gutted and get the cage mocked up. It'll be a hybrid interior/exterior similar to this:

Int RC.jpgHYBRID RC.jpg

WOW!! That's awesome and I can't wait to see the final results!! It's great to have you here and I hope you start a build thread so that we can follow your progress

welcome to WAL
    07 JK Unlimited X- mildly modified

www.hof4x4.com

welcome to WAYALIFE!!!

Been Around the Block Hock Edition's Avatar
    welcome to the fam
    09 Rubicon Unlimited
    6in Full Traction long arm
    King 2.0 Shocks
    ATX slabs
    37in Cooper STT
    ARB Air Compressor