World meters website

jhires

Weird how many more computers are sold than bikes and cars put together.

That depends on how they count computers sold. Between my wife and I at home we have two servers, two workstations, two laptops, and three tablets, but only two bikes and three vehicles. When the kids lived at home it was much more on both sides. We upgraded or added computer gear regularly, but bikes were replaced only as kids outgrew them or they were stolen. Cars are replaced even less.

That alone would be enough to skew the results, but if you look at the big data center operations such as Google, Amazon, Microsoft, F5, Salesforce, and any number of other companies selling cloud services and hosting, you are talking hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of computers each from those players alone each year.

bl17z90

That depends on how they count computers sold. Between my wife and I at home we have two servers, two workstations, two laptops, and three tablets, but only two bikes and three vehicles. When the kids lived at home it was much more on both sides. We upgraded or added computer gear regularly, but bikes were replaced only as kids outgrew them or they were stolen. Cars are replaced even less.

That alone would be enough to skew the results, but if you look at the big data center operations such as Google, Amazon, Microsoft, F5, Salesforce, and any number of other companies selling cloud services and hosting, you are talking hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of computers each from those players alone each year.

And if you count smart phones as computers then 2/3 of americans have one.

Top Bottom