Smittybilt Stingray vented hood

Kalums

I would definitely check to make sure your fan is working properly.
Just did this after reading your post... It comes on but only at low speed (isn't it supposed to be a multi speed fan?) Seems like my desk fan moves more air, checked the load and its only pulling 8.45v at 13 amps, and it's making a funny slight whinnying, ticking noise! It's not hitting the shroud or anything else. Me thinks it's going bad. Time for an upgraded fan... Any suggestions?

Oh and yes I did have to replace my battery twice last summer... Under Costco warranty 👍. Thinking it was the heat is what made me check the temp. Funny thing is my engine never over heated. *shrugs*

Sent from my LG-LS997 using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Just did this after reading your post... It comes on but only at low speed (isn't it supposed to be a multi speed fan?) Seems like my desk fan moves more air, checked the load and its only pulling 8.45v at 13 amps, and it's making a funny slight whinnying, ticking noise! It's not hitting the shroud or anything else. Me thinks it's going bad. Time for an upgraded fan... Any suggestions?

Oh and yes I did have to replace my battery twice last summer... Under Costco warranty 👍. Thinking it was the heat is what made me check the temp. Funny thing is my engine never over heated. *shrugs*

I'm not very familiar with this exact circuit, but lack of airflow will definitely cause the symptom you're having. Hopefully another member here may have a wiring diagram to help you properly diagnose it.

Kalums

Update, even though I was out of warranty the Dealership I take my jeep to for things I can't do, replaced my fan, I just had to pay 40$ for labor . Apparently it was in a series/set of bad fan motors from the factory (I was told less than 50). It does switch speeds now. Still might get this hood though if I can convince the lady of the house. 😂

Top Bottom