The long and slow build of "................"

BaddestCross

I don't know if it will be a problem, but that would bother me. Seems like if you were to take a good hit that it could damage that line. 🤔

What skid system is that? Looks like you just installed it.

10abadilla/jk

I'd be concerned that grinding would weaken what's supposed to be protecting the stuff behind it.
Yea. I'm going to see what they say and go from there. The lines are not pinched but more pressed against the bracket. I'm more concerned if it rubs the bracket enough it might put a hole in the line.

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Yeah definitely get that fixed. You may be able to add some washers for spacers as well. Good luck.

BobNH

Had the same issue with my jcr. I had to adjust the brackets at the motor mount to slide it as far away as possible. I have about 1/2" clearance there now, much better. I as assuming your bracket is also slotted at the top and would allow you this same flexibility. My secondary option was to grind some out, not much, but dont seem to need that. As to the exhaust, I had the same issue there as well. I used spacers between the xmember and plate. Mine are washers with rubber glued, top and bottom. This is because the vibrations from the motor mounts run down the brackets to the plate and on to the hollow xmember, ringing it like a tuning fork. It was brutal. So rubberized spacers at the xmem, and mil grommets where the bracket meets the plate. Got it quieted down nicely. Dont use a dull hand drill to make 5/8" holes is 3/16" steel though. That took forevvvvver.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

10abadilla/jk

Had the same issue with my jcr. I had to adjust the brackets at the motor mount to slide it as far away as possible. I have about 1/2" clearance there now, much better. I as assuming your bracket is also slotted at the top and would allow you this same flexibility. My secondary option was to grind some out, not much, but dont seem to need that. As to the exhaust, I had the same issue there as well. I used spacers between the xmember and plate. Mine are washers with rubber glued, top and bottom. This is because the vibrations from the motor mounts run down the brackets to the plate and on to the hollow xmember, ringing it like a tuning fork. It was brutal. So rubberized spacers at the xmem, and mil grommets where the bracket meets the plate. Got it quieted down nicely. Dont use a dull hand drill to make 5/8" holes is 3/16" steel though. That took forevvvvver.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app
This is great information! Thank you so much. I'm going to give it all a try this weekend and get back to you. Thank you!

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom