The long and slow build of "................"

10abadilla/jk

Seriously considering the 3in evo plush rides. I am sitting exactly at 3 in lift right now. Can I keep my rear springs or should I consider new ones. I have a set of 3/4 spacers sitting around. Should I just use them in the rear instead of changing rear springs

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

Seriously considering the 3in evo plush rides. I am sitting exactly at 3 in lift right now. Can I keep my rear springs or should I consider new ones. I have a set of 3/4 spacers sitting around. Should I just use them in the rear instead of changing rear springs

The 3" EVOs will probably put you around 4-4.5" until/unless you install a winch. If I remember correctly, you've already got the adjustable LCAs, so that's good. You'll need a new front driveshaft if you don't already have one. That said, I love the coils, so if you're looking for some more height, I'd recommend them!

For the rear, are you at 3" there already? If not, I'm not sure the EVOs are good for the rear of our 2 doors since we tend to carry more weight over the rear axle. I know you carry a good supply of tools and you usually have your other gear and your daughter in the back seat, so you might need something stiffer than the EVOs. Not sure if the spacers would be enough to keep it level with the higher front end.

Also, you'll probably need to do the rear shaft and adjustable upper arms if you go any higher.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

10abadilla/jk

The 3" EVOs will probably put you around 4-4.5" until/unless you install a winch. If I remember correctly, you've already got the adjustable LCAs, so that's good. You'll need a new front driveshaft if you don't already have one. That said, I love the coils, so if you're looking for some more height, I'd recommend them!

For the rear, are you at 3" there already? If not, I'm not sure the EVOs are good for the rear of our 2 doors since we tend to carry more weight over the rear axle. I know you carry a good supply of tools and you usually have your other gear and your daughter in the back seat, so you might need something stiffer than the EVOs. Not sure if the spacers would be enough to keep it level with the higher front end.

Also, you'll probably need to do the rear shaft and adjustable upper arms if you go any higher.

I'm sitting at 3in front and rear.

madstiles

I recently installed evo 3" plush ride on a 4 door and I'm at 4" lift height but I'm pretty light for a JKU so far I love the ride of them an it sits pretty level I'm running Bilstein 5100 and it does good for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

10abadilla/jk

Due to my daughter getting sick I had to reschedule my regear for Monday. All though I was bummed my wife threw a curve ball and surprised me with an early fathers day gift. She over heard me talking about a dead pedal that I saw on one of the jeeps while on the calico run. 20170615_193219.jpg 20170615_193223.jpg 20170615_194021.jpg 20170615_194026.jpg 20170615_194035.jpg

dillard09

Due to my daughter getting sick I had to reschedule my regear for Monday. All though I was bummed my wife threw a curve ball and surprised me with an early fathers day gift. She over heard me talking about a dead pedal that I saw on one of the jeeps while on the calico run. View attachment 263636 View attachment 263637 View attachment 263638 View attachment 263639 View attachment 263640

That dead pedal is so awesome! I love mine. It's how the automatic should have come from the factory. You will love it. Great Fathers day gift.
Bummer about you little one getting sick. Hopefully she is feeling better!

10abadilla/jk

That dead pedal is so awesome! I love mine. It's how the automatic should have come from the factory. You will love it. Great Fathers day gift.
Bummer about you little one getting sick. Hopefully she is feeling better!

She actually got the idea from your jeep after I mentioned you had one. At first she had no idea what I was talking about. But she did great! Its a great gift! I can't wait to get a feel for it on the trail. Thank you. My daughter is still young. Children tend to bounce back pretty quick. She's doing better. Thank you again.

BaddestCross

Due to my daughter getting sick I had to reschedule my regear for Monday. All though I was bummed my wife threw a curve ball and surprised me with an early fathers day gift. She over heard me talking about a dead pedal that I saw on one of the jeeps while on the calico run. View attachment 263636 View attachment 263637 View attachment 263638 View attachment 263639 View attachment 263640

That's awesome! I've been meaning to pick one of those up myself. I took a trip up to Sacramento a couple weeks ago to work on my daughter's car and that probably would've made the trip a lot more comfortable. Enjoy it!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Due to my daughter getting sick I had to reschedule my regear for Monday. All though I was bummed my wife threw a curve ball and surprised me with an early fathers day gift. She over heard me talking about a dead pedal that I saw on one of the jeeps while on the calico run.

Well that was certainly nice of her! Had a dead pedal installed on my old 2009 JKU but haven't given much thought to not having one in my current JK's till now. Hmmm :hmm: :crazyeyes:

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug

I keep thinking about one of these because I can reach the firewall with my foot and be fine unless I'm wearing my work boots. With them they don't fold at the ankle or just above it so I rest my heel on the floor and hold my foot up basically like I have a dead pedal. But over time it starts hurting. So I think one of these would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

10abadilla/jk

Well that was certainly nice of her! Had a dead pedal installed on my old 2009 JKU but haven't given much thought to not having one in my current JK's till now. Hmmm :hmm: :crazyeyes:
Haha. Honestly it was a great gift. After driving with it It almost feels like that's the way the jk's should have come as Jake stated before.

10abadilla/jk

I keep thinking about one of these because I can reach the firewall with my foot and be fine unless I'm wearing my work boots. With them they don't fold at the ankle or just above it so I rest my heel on the floor and hold my foot up basically like I have a dead pedal. But over time it starts hurting. So I think one of these would be great.

Same here. I wear work boots about 95% of the time. I had the same issue of my ankle hurting over time. Driving this morning with the dead pedal and work boots was so comfortable. I feel like it's a great add on.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Going between a manual and auto, I'd think it would confuse the hell out of me initially, but the work boot point is spot on. I'm in hiking boots a ton and there's no comfortable spot to rest my foot. Might be a late Father's Day present for me!

Top Bottom