So, I test drove a JKU today...

gheller

I tend to take the Jeep out of gear. Even in stop and go traffic, it's not really bad at all. But, that's a subjective statement.

Same here. I never hold the clutch down, either idle along in 1st gear or take it out of gear. It is subjective like you said and I would never argue with someone who would prefer not dealing with that.

Sent from Earth to Space and back...can ya give it a second!? WAYALIFE mobile app

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
Same here. I never hold the clutch down, either idle along in 1st gear or take it out of gear. It is subjective like you said and I would never argue with someone who would prefer not dealing with that.

Sent from Earth to Space and back...can ya give it a second!? WAYALIFE mobile app

I'd rather work a clutch than drive a car with paddle shifters, like the Tiptronic and other automatic clutch systems. It's so ingrained in me, that I end up searching for a clutch when it's time to shift gears.

Draconianwinter

I did not know you can't shift during water crossings; is this common knowledge?

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I drove a JKUR manual on Saturday with 4:10 axles and the ride felt totally different than the Sport. I still don't like how the clutch feels flighty, but the Rubicon is a sweet ride, otherwise. The whole thing about not being able to shift a manual during deeper water crossings concerns me. Now I'm thinking that with the way I've spent time in deep mud, I may want to get an automatic. Or just keep the TJ and build the hell out of it.
In both mud and deep water you should always be holding steady speed through it that's true with both automatic and manual. Granted is always more fun to hot mud and water at higher speeds too, but that is usually when you start getting really expensive repair bills

sent from your basement

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
In both mud and deep water you should always be holding steady speed through it that's true with both automatic and manual. Granted is always more fun to hot mud and water at higher speeds too, but that is usually when you start getting really expensive repair bills

sent from your basement

Things I did 25 years ago, or more, aren't things I'd necessarily do now. :rock:

I consider myself very lucky to have done some stupid things and lived.

Top Bottom