The build of "No Clever Name"

Calico Jack

Hello and welcome to the build of my Rubi aka "no clever name". I first have to say that I have researched WAL extensively and after some soul searching I realized that I needed to build my Jeep to fit me and what I will actually do instead of what I imagine myself doing. The education that I have gotten from this site and its members has been amazing and I hope to be able to one day help others as much as you all have helped me.

Okay, on with the build... I got my Rubi back in October after spending a few years without a Jeep in my life. The first "MOD" I threw in the Rubi was my trusted YETI and a full set of Rugged Ridge floor mats.

For Christmas I got a 67Design phone mount, an ARB Compressor with EVO mount, and a Warn VR8000. I bought a Rock Hard 4x4 winch plate to mount my winch until I can decide on what front bumper to go with.

I ran it pretty much stock from Christmas to yesterday. I've been so hung up on which lift to get that I pretty much stalked every build thread looking for what would fit my needs best. In the end I decided to keep it mild and that a Rancho Sport lift would be all that I needed. I picked up my new Trail Grapplers yesterday and my lift will be here next week.

The view on the way home from Discount tire...

That is it for now, I will update more pics when the lift is completed.

Plans for the near future?
EVO Gussets
EVO Skids
AEV tire carrier
CB
Front bumper (Undecided)

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Looks good, I'll be watching your updates. Sometimes its cool to see some less extreme but well thought out builds. If everyone did the same thing it would get boring.

Calico Jack

Nice. I'm considering running this size next time instead of 35s!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I ran 35's on my last JK, I loved them but I only get to wheel once or twice a year. The only off-road I get to do is on my hunting club.

Got some bad news today, I got a email from Northridge saying that Rancho discontinued the 2" sport lift!! I'm guessing they discontinued the spring and spacer lift in favor of the new 4 spring sport kit. I'm pissed because I finally decided on a lift and now I can't get it.

WJCO

Meme King
Got some bad news today, I got a email from Northridge saying that Rancho discontinued the 2" sport lift!! I'm guessing they discontinued the spring and spacer lift in favor of the new 4 spring sport kit. I'm pissed because I finally decided on a lift and now I can't get it.

Have you tried other vendors? Hopefully Matt will know if this is accurate or not. Also have you looked into the new leveling kit they just came out with?

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...-system-with-progressive-coils-front-and-rear!

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
The build of "No Clever Name"

I ran 35's on my last JK, I loved them but I only get to wheel once or twice a year. The only off-road I get to do is on my hunting club.

Still one on Amazon

IMG_8812.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Calico Jack

The only reason I went with NR is because I have a store credit with them. I'm considering going with the full coil 2" lift that they came out with but I wanted someone else to test the waters first... I'll look into it.

WJCO

Meme King
The only reason I went with NR is because I have a store credit with them. I'm considering going with the full coil 2" lift that they came out with but I wanted someone else to test the waters first... I'll look into it.

Matt is in Moab right now but said he'll look into this as soon as he could.

Calico Jack

So after a email asking about the 4 coil kit as a replacement, the vendor pricematched the new kit to the old kit and shipped it yesterday!

I will update when it gets here.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Excellent!!
So the "old style" is no longer produced or even on our shelves any longer.
You may be able to find this system out in the market though.
Thanks all!

So after a email asking about the 4 coil kit as a replacement, the vendor pricematched the new kit to the old kit and shipped it yesterday!

I will update when it gets here.

Calico Jack

My lift finally came in on Monday, I did not get around to opening it until last night. I'm excited to get this put on but it may still be a few days before I have the time to sort it out.

Its all here but I do have a small concern... I opened both of the rear shocks and according to the instructions I had to spin them to get them to open. I spun the dials to be sure they both had full motion then set them both to 1. (here is my concern) they seem to dampen the at the same rate but they do not extend at the same rate? I pushed them both down at the same time and then laid them flat to see them expand, one fully expanded in a few seconds and the second took about four times longer to expand and still never expanded fully as the first one did. I hope my explanation is understandable, Is there a problem with one of the shocks? I did spin the dials to three and then to nine and tried the same "test" and still got the same results. Should I be concerned?

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Great looking Jeep.... I would think the shocks should extend at the same rate, but I could be wrong. Good luck :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My lift finally came in on Monday, I did not get around to opening it until last night. I'm excited to get this put on but it may still be a few days before I have the time to sort it out.

Awesome, can't wait to see everything installed :thumb:

Its all here but I do have a small concern... I opened both of the rear shocks and according to the instructions I had to spin them to get them to open. I spun the dials to be sure they both had full motion then set them both to 1. (here is my concern) they seem to dampen the at the same rate but they do not extend at the same rate? I pushed them both down at the same time and then laid them flat to see them expand, one fully expanded in a few seconds and the second took about four times longer to expand and still never expanded fully as the first one did. I hope my explanation is understandable, Is there a problem with one of the shocks? I did spin the dials to three and then to nine and tried the same "test" and still got the same results. Should I be concerned?

It's been a while since I've run Rancho 9000's but have you tried cycling the slower shock by hand? Compress and allow it to extend a few times? If so, did it ever get better?

Top Bottom