Mina and Isaac's Moab Monday on top of the world

jorgelrod

Hooked
You can go just about anywhere in Moab with 35s. We did Poison Spider, Golden Spike, and Gold Bar Rim in March with one JK on 37s, one JK on 35s, my JKUR on 35s, and an XJ on 33s. The XJ's steering took some abuse, and there are definitely some hairy obstacles, but with good spotting and patient drivers, you can do way more than you think possible. We also did Hell's Revenge (everyone did Hell's Gate, and I did Mickey's Hot Tub), Elephant Hill (challenging but fun), Beef Basin (super easy - but 26 miles of beautiful views), and Cliff Hanger (not for the faint of heart) while we were out there this year.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nice!! (Plus 10 characters)

Journeyman

You can go just about anywhere in Moab with 35s. We did Poison Spider, Golden Spike, and Gold Bar Rim in March with one JK on 37s, one JK on 35s, my JKUR on 35s, and an XJ on 33s. The XJ's steering took some abuse, and there are definitely some hairy obstacles, but with good spotting and patient drivers, you can do way more than you think possible. We also did Hell's Revenge (everyone did Hell's Gate, and I did Mickey's Hot Tub), Elephant Hill (challenging but fun), Beef Basin (super easy - but 26 miles of beautiful views), and Cliff Hanger (not for the faint of heart) while we were out there this year.

I'm not saying the trifecta can't be done in an XJ on 33's but the obstacles always get harder as time goes on and from what we had to deal with last week I would want nothing to do with this. A good winch, tons of armor and lots of friends to help you out!

DGUTS

I'm not saying the trifecta can't be done in an XJ on 33's but the obstacles always get harder as time goes on and from what we had to deal with last week I would want nothing to do with this. A good winch, tons of armor and lots of friends to help you out!

I agree.

It's still a challenge, even when you have a moderate rig (the kind most of us can afford) and a perfect line. I need someone I trust to help when I can't see it. Thankfully, the guys I wheel with get me out of more trouble than they get me in!

Top Bottom