MojaveJKU build

MojaveJKU16

Hi Everyone. As most of us on here have, I've been bitten by the build bug and I'm slowly doing more an more to make my 16 Mojave JKU into a bad ass Jeep. I ordered my jeep last year to get the cheapest thing, to avoid buying parts I'd just be replacing, and to get it with 3.73 gears. My jeep is a 2016, JKU, Mojave Sand, manual trans, 3.73 gears, LSD, manual windows/everything, jeep factory slush mats, with a soft top. This is what she looked like when I got her.
20160626_210721~2.jpg
1st thing added was some LOD rock sliders., Oh and an antenna trim.
20170222_132715.jpg
I Like them all thing said and done, but they didn't line up that well with the frame, and i'm disappointed at how strongly you can torque the bolts(stripped one out and had to go oversize). The next thing done was tinted windows, and a super cheap set of old rubi take off tires/wheels. They're only gonna last till next tax season but that's all I need until some 33x11.2's and some new wheels will go on.
20170304_163231.jpg
I decided make her show a little more skin so I busted out the old sewing skills and took a little roll bar padding off. I think i'll do more eventually, but this is it for now.
20170411_022119.jpg
I've done a good bit of custom paracord stuff, and painted my vent and speaker bevels, but i need to take pictures of that stuff yet. I'm also starting this today because i'm going to stubby my bumper and trim up my fenders this afternoon.........Wish me luck.

Last edited:

MojaveJKU16

Update...

The bumper cut took a little longer than expected, so I didn't get to the fenders yet. I'll probably do them next week.
20170510_100634.jpg
20170510_100536.jpg
Here's the interior paint work.
20170411_182722.jpg
20170411_182754.jpg
and the paracord.
20170510_100453.jpg

longarmwj

I for sure have to paint my interior trim now. That looks AWESOME. Where did you get the paint if I may ask, and how close does it match. I have a Gobi 17, but the Mojave and Gobi appear to be very very close to one another from what I've seen.

BlacknRedJK

I for sure have to paint my interior trim now. That looks AWESOME. Where did you get the paint if I may ask, and how close does it match. I have a Gobi 17, but the Mojave and Gobi appear to be very very close to one another from what I've seen.

We painted the trim on one of ours. The dealership had paint matched rattle cans that worked well. Color is nearly a perfect match, but was expensive for small cans.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MojaveJKU16

We painted the trim on one of ours. The dealership had paint matched rattle cans that worked well. Color is nearly a perfect match, but was expensive for small cans.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

This is exactly what I did. I'm using rustoleum automotive enamel for other things, but I didn't find a rustoleum color that matched well enough for me to commit to it. The dealer cans are tiny and $15, this job took me two cans, but I maybe could have gotten it done in one(got some left over). The color match is great, though it's not quite the same gloss. I'm actually about to do the rear speaker bevels in the green that I did the tow hooks in. Way cheaper and i'm starting to add green accents all over the place, so might as well mix it up. All I can say is go for it, it's not to hard and it adds a lot of personality.Good luck

MojaveJKU16

Fender Cuts

Here's the fender cuts, I didn't want to get rid of the fender pants so I only cut part of the fronts out. I'm still not sure how I feel about the look and I might go with an aftermarket sometime down the road, we'll see. For now, good enough. I think it looks great from the front, but the sides, meh...
20170512_140526.jpg
20170512_140556.jpg

Top Bottom