Wheel stabilizer

Jack diddly

I'm looking into a wheel stabilizer until I can get a ram. I've noticed the price difference but they all do the same thing. Are the more expensive ones really any better? I mean king has one for 250, Fox has one up 450 and lower and a lot are around 60 to 100 bucks. Are they even worth paying the higher priced ones?

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kyle7R

I'm guessing that you're talking about a steering stabilizer?

Most everybody here will tell you that a properly set up rig doesn't even need one, and that running anything besides the factory SS is a waste of money.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I'm looking into a wheel stabilizer until I can get a ram. I've noticed the price difference but they all do the same thing. Are the more expensive ones really any better? I mean king has one for 250, Fox has one up 450 and lower and a lot are around 60 to 100 bucks. Are they even worth paying the higher priced ones?

Yep, just run the factory one. I put a Fox one on that came with my suspension. Caused a hard pull to the left. Put the stock one back on and no more issues.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked

Stock stabilizer worked fine for me with 35's and 37's --I did move to PSC assist to make steering on the trail much easier.

save your money for the ram

WJCO

Meme King

If your Jeep didn't come with one, the hourly guys should have caughten that during PDI. Hard to warranty a missing part. That's PDI's job.

jkuone

I've ran OME, Fox 2.0 gas charged, and Rancho. With that said I now have hydro assist, but if I was to go back I'd do a Rancho again. Steering was smooth with 35's . Anything that is gas charged will create push in steering one way or other. Keep it simple unless you just want to spend a lot of money to look cool.....

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jack diddly

Okay cool. I'll just keep the stock one on. There is a slight vibration in the steering wheel, that's why I was asking and I thought maybe a different one would help clear that up. Thank you, guys.

WJCO

Meme King
Okay cool. I'll just keep the stock one on. There is a slight vibration in the steering wheel, that's why I was asking and I thought maybe a different one would help clear that up. Thank you, guys.

SS won't fix anything like that. When does the vibration occur? Accel, decel, or cruise? Any recent repairs done to it recently?

WJCO

Meme King
See if tires rebalanced fixes it. If not, pull front driveshaft just to see if it goes away.

Blackhawkip

I'm running the King SS and don't have a push to the left as others have mentioned with the other brand SS. I also have a Fox (non ATS) but never installed it.

Top Bottom