Heavy duty tie rod

noroad

So i have a synergy tie rod and for the love of god can not figure out how to keep it from rolling forward. I know it has zero affect on driving but that is a huge difference in distance to the ground when it does this, has anyone else had this problem?

JeepFan

Hooked
So i have a synergy tie rod and for the love of god can not figure out how to keep it from rolling forward. I know it has zero affect on driving but that is a huge difference in distance to the ground when it does this, has anyone else had this problem?

What you need is Synergy's low misalignment tie rod end dust boot. It comes with a rubber bushing and metal cover. $12 each.

jeeeep

Hooked
What you need is Synergy's low misalignment tie rod end dust boot. It comes with a rubber bushing and metal cover. $12 each.

This ^^^ I have the synergy tie rod and had to add the low misalignment boots to get rid of some issues I was having with my hydro assist because of the excess flop and also lost some turning radius due to the TR being so straight.

Make sure you order 2, they don't come in a set.

I'm going back to stock or Currie, the bends allow for a better turning radius, not as much flop and I think the bends will allow the hydro assist to work a bit smoother.

Sc741

"going back to stock or Currie, the bends allow for a better turning radius"

What does that mean? I have a Synergy tie rod and full turning radious lock to lock.

jeeeep

Hooked
"going back to stock or Currie, the bends allow for a better turning radius"

What does that mean? I have a Synergy tie rod and full turning radious lock to lock.

When the hydro steer was added I was getting an odd bind, once I got on the ground and did a full inspection one of the issues I discovered was the tie rod hitting the diff cover at full turn as well as the "flop" in it was letting the ram get out of parallel movement to a "downward" pushing movement.

Once I adjusted the steering stops to keep the TR from hitting the diff cover I lost some turning radius . The stock and Currie TR's are bent to allow a tighter turning radius without making contact with the diff cover.

Sc741

You could have just adjusted each end in opposite directions to minimize the flop. The tie rod does not really need to pivot. Sucks that yours hits. Mine comes close but I have clearance.

rodgerdathug

When I went out the first time and screwed up my drag link and tie rod I tried to look for stick replacement. With no luck on drag link. So I went and got the currie haven't been of the road with them yet but it is definitely beefy and I like the idea of the replacement for all the joints is the same and no messing with the alignment. It's it own system ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420159748.945169.jpg

mgnever

Sorry if I bump this topic again but since you're talking about hd tie rod I think it's better to post here than create a new topic.

I was looking for a tie rod upgrade for my '08 CRD JK since It's the fifth time I bent it and I discovred this product that I never heard about it (maybe you already know about that, but here in Italy no one know who Off Road Only is):
ORO Tru-Turn Tie Rod upgrade kit for JK ( link ).
I've read about it and it seems good ( but what doesn't seem good by only reading about it? :bleh: ) and it would solve both my problem: improve my tie rod and improve my steering since it's a little bit "loose" and the wheel when you turn it's softer than years ago ( the balljoint on the tie rod are done for sure ).

I tried to look online but it's hard to find picture of the install, I've found some topic in forums but they're all old and the image disappeared (or blocked by photobucket) so I don't even know how it looks mounted on the JK, how it really raise the tie rod ( since I've to deal with the relocation of the steering stabilizer, which I've made a custom one when I was building my frond D44 housing so I don't even know if it would work)...And also, no one talks too much about this product so I'm a little bit worried about buying this product without know the real feedback about it.

What do you think about it?

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Sorry if I bump this topic again but since you're talking about hd tie rod I think it's better to post here than create a new topic.

I was looking for a tie rod upgrade for my '08 CRD JK since It's the fifth time I bent it and I discovred this product that I never heard about it (maybe you already know about that, but here in Italy no one know who Off Road Only is):
I've read about it and it seems good ( but what doesn't seem good by only reading about it? :bleh: ) and it would solve both my problem: improve my tie rod and improve my steering since it's a little bit "loose" and the wheel when you turn it's softer than years ago ( the balljoint on the tie rod are done for sure ).

I tried to look online but it's hard to find picture of the install, I've found some topic in forums but they're all old and the image disappeared (or blocked by photobucket) so I don't even know how it looks mounted on the JK, how it really raise the tie rod ( since I've to deal with the relocation of the steering stabilizer, which I've made a custom one when I was building my frond D44 housing so I don't even know if it would work)...And also, no one talks too much about this product so I'm a little bit worried about buying this product without know the real feedback about it.

Looks hokey to me personally. And you have to adjust the steering stops. I dunno about you but my Jeep already turns like a bus. Why are you considering this over some of the other options available?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exodus 4x4

I like the stuff they make and I happened to be looking at this yesterday. There’s installation instructions on the website and it’s pretty straight forward.

Seth

I just installed the Yeti tie rod and it is amazingly beefy and held up to some serious desert washboard abuse as well as climbing big boulders with my 37" tires. I used to bend my old tie rod during every trip and I don't believe it's possible to bend this thing without running it directly into a rock at high speed.

Top Bottom