Heavy duty tie rod

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Anybody have any thoughts on the synergy tie rod?

Edit: Also has anyone done a tie rod flip?

I've run the synergy tie rod for about 4.5 years. No issues, though I think they came out with newer more HD ends in the last year or so.

sean.m.adams33

I've run the synergy tie rod for about 4.5 years. No issues, though I think they came out with newer more HD ends in the last year or so.

Right on. It is at the top of my list. Especially since I bent the crap out of my stock one in big bear.

tonyaca

I am running the synergy tie rod and have hit my fair share of rocks with it and it is holding up strong.

Rk Tie rod

I looked into the senergy and the currie. I chose the Rk because I didn't want to have to be locked into buying there ends. I liked with the RK that I was able to get the ends at Autozone if need be. :bleh: and its a but load cheaper than the currie.

JK's JK

Banned
Was there any luck on the pics for the install? I'm thinking of just getting some tubing along with weld on ends.

Rebel JK

I'm for sure interested in this set up. Do you have any part number?

As you check link above scroll down and check the tapered knuckle inserts. I would get the 2 pack set. I needed to drill my knuckles out to 7/8" to fit the inserts to ensure proper rod end fit/ taper. Without drilling and using inserts, the new end studs were a little too big big to fully seat. I also found discount code for 15 percent off.

JandSJK

As you check link above scroll down and check the tapered knuckle inserts. I would get the 2 pack set. I needed to drill my knuckles out to 7/8" to fit the inserts to ensure proper rod end fit/ taper. Without drilling and using inserts, the new end studs were a little too big big to fully seat. I also found discount code for 15 percent off.

Just curious if anyone has used this kit and the tapered inserts to do a tie rod flip. Would that cause any interference? Not around my jeep to look things over

°IIIIIII°

Rebel JK

Just curious if anyone has used this kit and the tapered inserts to do a tie rod flip. Would that cause any interference? Not around my jeep to look things over

°IIIIIII°

Definitly an interesting idea. I looked at this while doing mine but With the stock knuckle, the passenger side tie rod /end being on top would conflict with the drag link to knuckle connection. Not sure if it would fit if one is running a drag link flip.

Attachments

• 20130901_151456 - Copy.jpg
    20130901_151456 - Copy.jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 414
Was a little pricey but I went with the reid knuckles and synergy tierod and drag link. :thumbup:

Sent from my DROID4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rottenbelly

Hows the setup come along?

Ive been running this setup for over a year. On my 07 I didnt have to ream the knuckles. Has taking a beating. Bent it a little but it has enough give to bounce back so far.
72aebba4b8081468de50af2515ded343.jpg

Rebel JK

Hows the setup come along?

Love the setup so far. Put it through some decent but not extreme paces at ocotillo wells and Truckhaven and couldn't be more pleased so far. For under 150 bucks it's not fancy but is a solid blue collar setup. Would recommend it.

StrizzyChris

It has to be removed to adjust. Its only an issue the first time you install it. After that you never touch it again just like stock

Top Bottom