Wines of the Week

JAGS

Hooked
All intentions of sharing this with the mrs. after she came home from work. But she decided to not have wine tonight. Too bad for her. This is a great bottle.

IMG_5641.jpg

Brute

Hooked
Clos de Tart.jpg

Brought this to our wedding anniversary dinner at our favorite restaurant in HI...Chef Mavro...possibly my 2nd favorite wine on the planet, Clos de Tart...a fabulous Burgundy that we brought back from France several years ago...still have half a case left.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
View attachment 308730

Brought this to our wedding anniversary dinner at our favorite restaurant in HI...Chef Mavro...possibly my 2nd favorite wine on the planet, Clos de Tart...a fabulous Burgundy that we brought back from France several years ago...still have half a case left.

Well, congratulations on both the wine and the anniversary! How many years?

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Since no one can follow Ed’s post (the depth of his cellar is just incredible) I’ll post one that I found on clearance that is not bad at all. Yes, you’re reading that right, Sledgehammer...

IMG_7712.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
Been a long time since I’ve posted a Cinquain. This is one of their tenth anniversary wines released this year to club members. I was a club member for a long time and got exclusive member release. This is great. If in the paso area, worth a stop to try to pick some up.

IMG_5665.jpg

sipafz

Caught the Bug
No question that Conterno produces some great wines, Barolo arguably one of his best. This Vineyard specific Cicala was still a bit acidic for my taste, but my wife thought it was perfect.

IMG_7717.jpg

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I bet those were just mediocre. Lol. Do these old bottles have sediment? Being you often drink cellared wines, have any tricks for when they do?

Standing them up helps, but doesn’t erase the problem on the pour.

#firstworldproblems

Sediment? You mean flavor crystals? Lol, I normally stand up the bottle for at least an hour before pouring. I’ve heard of filters you can get, but haven’t tried them. I normally have to pour out about a quarter of a glass at the end

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
Sediment? You mean flavor crystals? Lol, I normally stand up the bottle for at least an hour before pouring. I’ve heard of filters you can get, but haven’t tried them. I normally have to pour out about a quarter of a glass at the end

Ha ha. I’ve been doing the same and wondering the same about filters and such.

JAGS

Hooked
It was national red wine day and nobody used that as an excuse?

Went a little different and opened a dessert wine I’ve been holding on to. That 18.9% sneaks up on ya.

IMG_5691.jpg

Brute

Hooked
I bet those were just mediocre. Lol. Do these old bottles have sediment? Being you often drink cellared wines, have any tricks for when they do?

Standing them up helps, but doesn’t erase the problem on the pour.

#firstworldproblems

Yes, usually older bottles allow some sediment to particulate out of solution...I just watch the last pour and leave a little in the shoulder of the bottle to leave the sediment inside...

Top Bottom