Houston Area Wayalife-ers!

railking08

Hey everyone! Just thought that there are enough of Wayalife-ers in the Houston area that having our own thread would be justified!

There has been some chatter about doing some local meet-and-greets and I've been asked if we ever do any wheeling trips.

We can organize the meet-and-greets here or just BS about what's happening in Houston and there's NO reason for a local guy or gal, newbie or experienced, to have to go out wheeling alone and end up broken and stuck out on a trail by themselves!

If you are local here to the Houston area, please chime in and I'll add your screen name to the list of local Houstonians!

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

Current list of Houstonians:
1. 2013CGJKU
2. Jackal01
3. Dune Crawler
4. bking1
5. JEEPAlexander14
6. AlexwBlkJK
7. SmokinV10
8. Hobolobo
9. SecTxAg06
10. shadow21
11. CrushJK
12. DWiggles
13. Will42019
14. JKRich
15. witchdoctor
16. cjmenma
17. Mad Mac
18. Flat Top
19. Hohertz
20. Texas Nick
21. jlsurreal
22. YahooEarth
23. Lulu
24. WikedLizard

(I won't add anyone on here until you post up, in case you would like to remain anonymous.)

Newbie from Tomball area.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Torrin

Has anyone had a great experience with a stereo shop in Houston? Looking to add new head unit/speakers/sub/backup camera to my Sport after my build is done. I am in the Westchase area.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Hello
What are some good trails in the houston area? Thx

Not one..
You have to travel a couple hours just to get some decent off roading. If you just wanna mess around with the 4x4 to get used to it. You can always go down to Galveston and find some sand to play around in to learn the 4x4 lever. Anything other than that, you have Barnwell Mountain up in north Texas (Gilmer). Bridgeport off road (an hour or so west of Dallas). And last one would be Hidden Falls Adventure Park (Marble Falls, northwest of Austin).

maskale

There is also SWR, K2 and Wolf Caves. SWR is/can be guided, so it's a good choice if you are new and dont have a group of wheeling buddies already. Just show up and they will put you in a group and guide you.

Benito

Caught the Bug
Hello
What are some good trails in the houston area? Thx

In addition to the other parks mentioned, and a drive from Houston:

Trees Ranch Off Road - only open about one weekend /month in Leakey, TX

Escondido Draw Rec Area - have to become a “member” in Ozona, TX

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
There is also SWR, K2 and Wolf Caves. SWR is/can be guided, so it's a good choice if you are new and dont have a group of wheeling buddies already. Just show up and they will put you in a group and guide you.

In addition to the other parks mentioned, and a drive from Houston:

Trees Ranch Off Road - only open about one weekend /month in Leakey, TX

Escondido Draw Rec Area - have to become a “member” in Ozona, TX

^^ also good additions.

RulyBear

Made it out to Wolf Caves this weekend

I finally got to take the Jeep out for some real off-road adventures. I had a blast and several butt puckering moments. Their campground was super clean and very enjoyable. I highly recommend this park for anyone who wants to do some rock crawling. I would not recommend any stock Jeeps to go though as even the park trails can get a little difficult. It was a little extreme for my first time off-roading, but I learned a lot in a hurry. IMG_2692.jpg

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I finally got to take the Jeep out for some real off-road adventures. I had a blast and several butt puckering moments. Their campground was super clean and very enjoyable. I highly recommend this park for anyone who wants to do some rock crawling. I would not recommend any stock Jeeps to go though as even the park trails can get a little difficult. It was a little extreme for my first time off-roading, but I learned a lot in a hurry. View attachment 322785

Which park is this?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom