What problems does your Jeep have this week?

desertrunner

Came home after a week of TDY to this lovely site. Only green fluid I have in the Jeep is my windshield washer fluid and confirmed it when I got home. I can't remember the last time I filled that reservoir, hell might have been moab, and it was in the -20 range while I was gone. I'm figuring the fluid froze up and cracked the reservoir. On the top side I can see the pool of fluid right behind the reservoir under what looks like the pump maybe?
Anyone have there windshield fluid system freeze up and crack anywhere? Where should I start digging to look for issues?
It does function just fine so I'm gonna throw some of the -30 rated good MT stuff in it to keep it from freezing for now. 20200120_101847.jpg 20200120_101906.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Came home after a week of TDY to this lovely site. Only green fluid I have in the Jeep is my windshield washer fluid and confirmed it when I got home. I can't remember the last time I filled that reservoir, hell might have been moab, and it was in the -20 range while I was gone. I'm figuring the fluid froze up and cracked the reservoir. On the top side I can see the pool of fluid right behind the reservoir under what looks like the pump maybe?
Anyone have there windshield fluid system freeze up and crack anywhere? Where should I start digging to look for issues?
It does function just fine so I'm gonna throw some of the -30 rated good MT stuff in it to keep it from freezing for now.

I've seen this happen when summer formula fluid is in there and forgotten about. Then in colder climates, it freezes and cracks a line or cracks the reservoir.

BaddestCross

It does function just fine so I'm gonna throw some of the -30 rated good MT stuff in it to keep it from freezing for now.

This happened to me. There is a connection on the reservoir that freezes and cracks. I pulled the reservoir out and put in some sealant before pressing it back together.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

fiend

Caught the Bug
Had a diff oil drip from the rear diff after running the washboard roads in Death Valley . 4 bolts on the bottom of the pumpkin were loose . Need to crawl under and do a torque check on everything

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Haha I had the same problem. I was all set to take the cover off and redo the RTV when I found several loose cover bolts. Replaced a couple that had mangled heads and torqued everything back to spec. Hopefully that takes care of the leak. 🤞🏻

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Haha I had the same problem. I was all set to take the cover off and redo the RTV when I found several loose cover bolts. Replaced a couple that had mangled heads and torqued everything back to spec. Hopefully that takes care of the leak. 🤞🏻

Haha yah I’m almost due for diff oil change so I’ll replace all mangled bolts then

Different topic . Does anyone else running 37s with bushwacker flares have issues with rear trim in wheel well rubbing w/ 3” lift ? I’m about to grab a grinder and cut this piece off but wanted to check if others had this same issue

IMG_5969.jpg

BaddestCross

Haha yah I’m almost due for diff oil change so I’ll replace all mangled bolts then

Different topic . Does anyone else running 37s with bushwacker flares have issues with rear trim in wheel well rubbing w/ 3” lift ? I’m about to grab a grinder and cut this piece off but wanted to check if others had this same issue

View attachment 340456

Yes

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

JKbrick

It does function just fine so I'm gonna throw some of the -30 rated good MT stuff in it to keep it from freezing for now. View attachment 340404 View attachment 340405

I think Adam has a free one posted up

jdofmemi

Any issues after you hacked off the corner ?

Cut to fit, paint to hide

That's a good time to upgrade the cover to something sturdy to help prevent further leaks

I've seen this happen when summer formula fluid is in there and forgotten about. Then in colder climates, it freezes and cracks a line or cracks the reservoir.

Here in Kalifornia, we can't even buy winter formula. I have to smuggle it home when I go to Colorado.

About Utah, I run my reservoir empty and buy some of the good stuff.

Of course there have been trips I waited too long and it froze. What a PITA

Elroy231

Back in action. Skid plate is secure again. While it was in the shop and warm I took a moment to add the windshield decal my wife got me for christmas. Pretty sure it added some HP!
Appreciate the input. I had a feeling it was a couple things just based on what its doing. Dig into tomorrow and I'll keep you guys posted on results.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app
20200128_185957.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

dustinfromohio

IMG_3386.jpg

Starter crapped out after going into deep mud hole Saturday. Removed, disassembled, cleaned, reassembled, reinstalled and to my surprise it works!

Top Bottom