My life with a Brick

JKbrick

Yikes. Are you just throwing in a towel or just in no hurry?

Not sure yet. I just don’t want to put any more money into a Jeep that may be an electrical piece of shit for the rest of my life. I’d rather put it back to stock and sell it than have it and not want it around

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
A whole new harness is like 700. That and a new pcm would fix most issues I believe.

I did just get a recall for pcm issues on both of my jeeps. We haven’t gotten one on Tina’s jeep that is a ‘17 yet though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

JKbrick

A whole new harness is like 700. That and a new pcm would fix most issues I believe.

I did just get a recall for pcm issues on both of my jeeps. We haven’t gotten one on Tina’s jeep that is a ‘17 yet though.

What part is the pcm? Is that by the washer fluid? I had the Tipm “fixed” and they think the instrument cluster is bad. I’ve wondered about a whole new harness in the back of my mind, but never googled it

JKbrick

I hate to hear this but would probably feel the same way. It’s also a bummer because of the tight friendship you’ve made because of the Jeep/WAYALIFE community.

That’s exactly why I haven’t sold it yet. Everyone I text or talk to not work related is a friend I’ve made on WAYALIFE, and I’m not willing to throw all that away

Clutch

Caught the Bug
That’s exactly why I haven’t sold it yet. Everyone I text or talk to not work related is a friend I’ve made on WAYALIFE, and I’m not willing to throw all that away

I don’t want you to throw in the towel, but there are other Jeeps out there.

I want a JKUR, but (knock on wood) my JKR has treated me very well so I don’t want to disturb the current situation.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Sounds like it might be time to take it to someone else if this guy can’t fix it. Might cost a little bit but it might get fixed.

JKbrick

Sounds like it might be time to take it to someone else if this guy can’t fix it. Might cost a little bit but it might get fixed.

I’m thinking the same thing, after the fill tubes come in! The worst thing is I don’t trust any of the dealerships around here so I’m not sure which one to pick

JKbrick

I don’t want you to throw in the towel, but there are other Jeeps out there.

I want a JKUR, but (knock on wood) my JKR has treated me very well so I don’t want to disturb the current situation.

The electrical systems don’t have a good track record, my first Jeep used to lose the dash and where the miles were would say “no can bus”, that was a TJ. Then the JK is messed up, and to top it off they think the cluster in my sons JT is bad. Maybe it’s just too high of expectations on my end

I hate dealers with all my heart, can’t tell you how many times one of my cars has been damaged by idiot techs or they’ve forgotten to do something or a shady service advisor thinks they can sneak something by me . Buuuut I think you’re at the point where it’s time. You’ve said that the TIPM was repaired, is there any way to actually test the damn thing to ensure it’s completely functional besides installing a brand new one? I’m more inclined to believe it’s not repaired correctly than the gauge cluster is causing the issues.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
There aren’t any local private shops around you either? Seems like it’s time to let someone else take a crack at this. This guy may be cheaper but you seem to be paying for a lot of nothing good so far. I get that electrical issues are really tough to chase but he also doesn’t seem to have any real urgency.

JKbrick

I hate dealers with all my heart, can’t tell you how many times one of my cars has been damaged by idiot techs or they’ve forgotten to do something or a shady service advisor thinks they can sneak something by me . Buuuut I think you’re at the point where it’s time. You’ve said that the TIPM was repaired, is there any way to actually test the damn thing to ensure it’s completely functional besides installing a brand new one? I’m more inclined to believe it’s not repaired correctly than the gauge cluster is causing the issues.

There aren’t any local private shops around you either? Seems like it’s time to let someone else take a crack at this. This guy may be cheaper but you seem to be paying for a lot of nothing good so far. I get that electrical issues are really tough to chase but he also doesn’t seem to have any real urgency.

He said the Jeep wasn’t seeing the Tipm when I put it back in according to the scan at the dealership, thought it was fixed then it acted up again. MAK’s has a 1 year warranty on the Tipm. He was going to scan it again and that’s the last I heard from him

Top Bottom