What was done to your rig this week?

KevinG

Caught the Bug
With a long weekend off and lots of quarantine time I pulled off the crappy teraflex sliders and put on evo boatside bombers, and the quarter pounder was an impulse buy.

IMG_4123 (1).jpg

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I think I found my locker problem.

Wire was broken inside the plug. It was hard to see at first because the rubber gasket on the wire was holding it in place.

This time it was out far enough to tell something was wrong, and when I gently pulled it popped out and you could tell it's been broken for a while.

The plug was not in good shape either, so I ordered a new plug with wires for it.

Hopefully that is all that is wrong.

In addition, changed gear oil F&R, and engine oil.

He got a bath as well,

I literally had the exact same thing with my front locker last weekend. Was able to take the pins out and fix the connection.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

jdofmemi

I literally had the exact same thing with my front locker last weekend. Was able to take the pins out and fix the connection.

I thought about trying to fix this one. It had multiple problems, plus I mangled the pins getting them out.

I'm sure I could make it work, but I will have more peace of mind with a new plug.

Glad you found this ... although at this point feels like you haven’t used the rear locker for so long you don’t need it haha jk

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Well, it would be nice to have again.

Maybe save another broken front axle.

Wow, Jerry. Like a new Jeep! Gonna have to get out soon. Six feet apart, of course.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Absolutely ready to get out. I'm ready anytime you are, except tomorrow, I have to work a half day or so.

mancinis34

While in quarantine, hitting the garage for some temporary social distancing from the family. Added the Excessive Industries Gatekeeper Tire carrier and a new rear Adams Drive Shaft. Glad companies are still shipping as I ordered a Rock Hard sport cage to give me something to do over the next week.

Attachments

• IMG_0676.jpg
    IMG_0676.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0683.jpg
    IMG_0683.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 111

KevinG

Caught the Bug
While in quarantine, hitting the garage for some temporary social distancing from the family. Added the Excessive Industries Gatekeeper Tire carrier and a new rear Adams Drive Shaft. Glad companies are still shipping as I ordered a Rock Hard sport cage to give me something to do over the next week.

Love the color match! :thumb:

jdofmemi

Nice to see another Gatekeeper in here.

I have a love/hate relationship with mine.
Love the look, hate the space I don't have.

Looks good color matched 👌

14ACES

Since I have been in quarantine life mode. I have had a chance to install a number of upgrades over the last two weeks on my 2016 Rubicon

Completed Upgrades
Changed out Teraflex 4” springs fir Evo Plush 4” springs
Installed Poison Spyder Brawler Rockers
Installed Nemesis Industries Notorious Fenders front and rear. Still need to have them color matched powder coated
Installed 39” BFG KM3 on KMC XD232 Beadlocks

To Be Complete
Trim rear inner pinch seam front and rear. Then tig weld the seam with silicone bronze.
Weld on Artec Apex axles truss front and rear axles
Install Searchers 4wd Rubicon Locker override switches
Install ARB twin Compressor
PSC Hydro Assist Steering
Machine and Install 7075 1.75” Aluminum Tie rod and drag link with Rare Parts tie rod ends

Adjustments.jpg IMG_0367.jpg

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
Jeep looks awesome! Are you going to body color the fenders?

I almost went with those tires, I ended up getting the 40” Nittos due to availability when I needed to order them. With the nemesis fenders, use the rear fender as a guide for most of the cut line. And the bottom, you’ll get into the foam on the front and back.

With the front. I had to push my front axle forward about 1/2”-3/4” to get it to clear the bottom of the front nemesis fender at full turn. I still need to add about a 1/2” more bump stop at full flex.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
Since I have been in quarantine life mode. I have had a chance to install a number of upgrades over the last two weeks on my 2016 Rubicon

Completed Upgrades
Changed out Teraflex 4” springs fir Evo Plush 4” springs
Installed Poison Spyder Brawler Rockers
Installed Nemesis Industries Notorious Fenders front and rear. Still need to have them color matched powder coated
Installed 39” BFG KM3 on KMC XD232 Beadlocks

To Be Complete
Trim rear inner pinch seam front and rear. Then tig weld the seam with silicone bronze.
Weld on Artec Apex axles truss front and rear axles
Install Searchers 4wd Rubicon Locker override switches
Install ARB twin Compressor
PSC Hydro Assist Steering
Machine and Install 7075 1.75” Aluminum Tie rod and drag link with Rare Parts tie rod ends

View attachment 344110 View attachment 344111

Looks good man!! Enjoy your time off.

14ACES

Jeep looks awesome! Are you going to body color the fenders?

I almost went with those tires, I ended up getting the 40” Nittos due to availability when I needed to order them. With the nemesis fenders, use the rear fender as a guide for most of the cut line. And the bottom, you’ll get into the foam on the front and back.

With the front. I had to push my front axle forward about 1/2”-3/4” to get it to clear the bottom of the front nemesis fender at full turn. I still need to add about a 1/2” more bump stop at full flex.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Thank you! I do plan on having them color matched.

I was going back and forth on tires too. There wasn’t a ton of feedback on the new KM3. I wanted to get the blue label krawlers in 39. But after speaking with Jackson Motorsport. They informed me that BFG discontinued the 39” blue label krawler because of the new KM3. Supposedly its the same inner carcass and tire compound. Only time will tell.

That is what I read and Nemesis recommended too. To use the fender as a guide.

I had to adjust my arms to move my front axle forward too. Roughly 1/2”. I cycled my suspension and adjusted my bumps. I have two pucks on the front. I have fox bumps. So they do allow for easier adjustment. I have yet to actually flex out the suspension. Hopefully soon!!

Top Bottom