What was done to your rig this week?

wjtstudios

Hooked
Thank you! I do plan on having them color matched.

I was going back and forth on tires too. There wasn’t a ton of feedback on the new KM3. I wanted to get the blue label krawlers in 39. But after speaking with Jackson Motorsport. They informed me that BFG discontinued the 39” blue label krawler because of the new KM3. Supposedly its the same inner carcass and tire compound. Only time will tell.

That is what I read and Nemesis recommended too. To use the fender as a guide.

I had to adjust my arms to move my front axle forward too. Roughly 1/2”. I cycled my suspension and adjusted my bumps. I have two pucks on the front. I have fox bumps. So they do allow for easier adjustment. I have yet to actually flex out the suspension. Hopefully soon!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I’m going to do the fox bumps on mine, that’s why I haven’t gotten that resolved yet. I just have been waiting to see how far down the rabbit hole this nation is going before I open up the next phase.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

14ACES

I’m going to do the fox bumps on mine, that’s why I haven’t gotten that resolved yet. I just have been waiting to see how far down the rabbit hole this nation is going before I open up the next phase.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I absolutely agree with you on that. I fortunately or unfortunately (only time will tell) purchased everything I am installing a few months ago before this virus.

On a side note... absolutely love the fox bumps front and rear. I have them paired with the fox 2.5 internally bypassed shocks. I highly recommend the bumps. The front are really straight forward to install. The rear are too but you have to notch the frame and weld-in the internally threaded tube mount.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I absolutely agree with you on that. I fortunately or unfortunately (only time will tell) purchased everything I am installing a few months ago before this virus.

On a side note... absolutely love the fox bumps front and rear. I have them paired with the fox 2.5 internally bypassed shocks. I highly recommend the bumps. The front are really straight forward to install. The rear are too but you have to notch the frame and weld-in the internally threaded tube mount.

I’ve got a great fab guy that’s going to weld them up when I get to that next stage. I think I’m probably going down the accutune coilovers route with the fox dsc and bumps.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

14ACES

I’ve got a great fab guy that’s going to weld them up when I get to that next stage. I think I’m probably going down the accutune coilovers route with the fox dsc and bumps.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I would recommend them. They valved my shocks and I got my bumps through them. However in hind sight, I found the bumps cheaper at poly performance by roughly $100 per pair. For my next stage of the build will include their fox 2.5” coilover kit.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I would recommend them. They valved my shocks and I got my bumps through them. However in hind sight, I found the bumps cheaper at poly performance by roughly $100 per pair. For my next stage of the build will include their fox 2.5” coilover kit.

Thanks for the heads up!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jdofmemi

I finally found the problem with the rear locker. This time when I looked, one of the wires had pulled out some. When I took the plug apart, it was broken inside.

I was able to order a new plug, and it works now that I was able to install it today.

Attachments

• IMG_20200322_133220_copy_1990x2274.jpg
    IMG_20200322_133220_copy_1990x2274.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20200326_180424_copy_600x800.jpg
    IMG_20200326_180424_copy_600x800.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 101

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I finally found the problem with the rear locker. This time when I looked, one of the wires had pulled out some. When I took the plug apart, it was broken inside.

I was able to order a new plug, and it works now that I was able to install it today.

Where’d you find that plug? I had to order some but only had the long leads.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Went topless in the JT for the first time! Hard top on a JT is way easier to remove than a JKU top.

IMG_4433.jpg

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Good lookin truck! What’s the technique on removing it? Can you just stand in the back of the bed and lift it back on the bed rails?

Just one plug and a few bolts. There’s even a convenient storage tray under the driver side rear seat to put the bolts. Took maybe 5 minutes to get the top off using my snap-on 14v ratchet. I’ve seen a video on YouTube off someone pulling the top alone by standing in the bed and reaching through the rear window. I didn’t bother to try. My wife and I were able to lift it off easily. If I had to guess The weight I’d say 70-80lbs. It’s super short compared to a Wrangler top and really easy to handle.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Since I have been in quarantine life mode. I have had a chance to install a number of upgrades over the last two weeks on my 2016 Rubicon

Completed Upgrades
Changed out Teraflex 4” springs fir Evo Plush 4” springs
Installed Poison Spyder Brawler Rockers
Installed Nemesis Industries Notorious Fenders front and rear. Still need to have them color matched powder coated
Installed 39” BFG KM3 on KMC XD232 Beadlocks

To Be Complete
Trim rear inner pinch seam front and rear. Then tig weld the seam with silicone bronze.
Weld on Artec Apex axles truss front and rear axles
Install Searchers 4wd Rubicon Locker override switches
Install ARB twin Compressor
PSC Hydro Assist Steering
Machine and Install 7075 1.75” Aluminum Tie rod and drag link with Rare Parts tie rod ends

View attachment 344110 View attachment 344111

Looks great! Nice to have time for all the Jeep projects.

Elroy231

Your makin some good use if the extra time! Rig is looking real good!!
Since I have been in quarantine life mode. I have had a chance to install a number of upgrades over the last two weeks on my 2016 Rubicon

Completed Upgrades
Changed out Teraflex 4” springs fir Evo Plush 4” springs
Installed Poison Spyder Brawler Rockers
Installed Nemesis Industries Notorious Fenders front and rear. Still need to have them color matched powder coated
Installed 39” BFG KM3 on KMC XD232 Beadlocks

To Be Complete
Trim rear inner pinch seam front and rear. Then tig weld the seam with silicone bronze.
Weld on Artec Apex axles truss front and rear axles
Install Searchers 4wd Rubicon Locker override switches
Install ARB twin Compressor
PSC Hydro Assist Steering
Machine and Install 7075 1.75” Aluminum Tie rod and drag link with Rare Parts tie rod ends

View attachment 344110 View attachment 344111

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Finally got my evo bombers and skins on the JT. Huge thanks to my neighbors: Nate for bringing beer, and Brad for saving my ass.

IMG_0271.jpg
IMG_0272.jpg
IMG_0273.jpg

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Top Bottom