Birth of Phoenix

jdofmemi

I tried to pm you about the long arms, but your mailbox is full.

FYI, sometimes you need to clear sent messages as well to free up space.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Finished up the 2,500 mile road trip yesterday. Trip went well. No issues with the Jeep other than it lacks 2 extra cylinders. Wyoming was rough because I had a 45+ head wind for almost 400 miles and all the elevation change. I probably added 10k miles worth of wear to the engine in that state. Lol. I really want to LS swap but it’s not the right time right now. Maybe in a year or so.

The long arm upgrade was well worth the labor and money. Jeep was much smoother and more solid feeling on the road. Once again I averaged around 13 mpg. 10 was my lowest and 15 my highest. Jeep was also loaded down with my stuff and it weighed in at 6300lbs. Here’s a few pictures from the drive.

IMG_8664.jpg
Punctured my fire extinguisher with my seat. I forgot I put it there. It was on the roll bar at some point but I forgot why I removed it. It made quite the mess. This happened about 30 minutes before I got on the road. IMG_8667.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
IMG_8770.jpg
My brother’s wagon that I’m going to start fixing up.
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Took a 20 mile detour on a dirt road in Eastern Oregon. Well worth it.
Adjustments.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

J&k_Overland

Bummer about the fire extinguisher I know how big a mess that makes. It reminded me of a young and dumb me that had this huge stupid stereo in the back of my YJ and it rained really really good and shorted out the crappy wiring that my older brother did and started a nice fire. My brother was killed in July thank for bringing that memory back.

That shot next to the Willys is sooo awesome I want to get one someday

jdofmemi

Glad to hear the trip went well.

With the fire extinguisher, look on the bright side, at least it was mostly contained under the seat.

I've had them blow up inside the cab of equipment before, and nearly choke me out.

The wagon brings back memories. We had two different ones when I was young. One with the 4 cylinder, that was a real dog, but the other had a Buick Wildcat V-6, and it ran good. Nether one was comfortable though, and the one with the Buick, you needed earplugs to ride in it.

Congratulations on Senior Chief, and thanks for dropping the long arms for me. I will be looking forward to getting them next month.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Glad the trip went good. Man that fire extinguisher puncture is a bummer. Very messy. Congrats on the promotion to senior chef!

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks!!!

Beautiful shots, glad you had a safe trip back home!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Appreciate it. [emoji106]

Bummer about the fire extinguisher I know how big a mess that makes. It reminded me of a young and dumb me that had this huge stupid stereo in the back of my YJ and it rained really really good and shorted out the crappy wiring that my older brother did and started a nice fire. My brother was killed in July thank for bringing that memory back.

That shot next to the Willys is sooo awesome I want to get one someday

Thank you. Sorry to hear about your brother. The wagon is my brother’s and I’m going to start fixing it up soon.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Glad to hear the trip went well.

With the fire extinguisher, look on the bright side, at least it was mostly contained under the seat.

I've had them blow up inside the cab of equipment before, and nearly choke me out.

The wagon brings back memories. We had two different ones when I was young. One with the 4 cylinder, that was a real dog, but the other had a Buick Wildcat V-6, and it ran good. Nether one was comfortable though, and the one with the Buick, you needed earplugs to ride in it.

Congratulations on Senior Chief, and thanks for dropping the long arms for me. I will be looking forward to getting them next month.

Thanks again for helping me out. I’m glad it all worked out. This wagon has a Slant 6 with a torque flight 727. I’m going to pick it up next week and start the process of being it back to life.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Finally installed my EVO carrier. It’s been sitting in my garage since I left for VA. Install wasn’t bad. I’m glad I didn’t do the skins and carrier same day. I don’t think my patience would have lasted. I’m really happy with how it turned out. It’s nice to have the back available again. Here’s some poser pics. Didn’t really take any for the install other than the sketchy part that my wife wasn’t happy with. [emoji23]
IMG_8797.jpg
IMG_8798.jpg
IMG_8805.jpg
IMG_8880.jpg
IMG_8877.jpg
IMG_8886.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

fiend

Caught the Bug
Looks good man. Need a full sized spare, and outside is the best place for it. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom