Birth of Phoenix

Foley

Awesome build-thread and Jeep!

Can I ask you a question? You have named some 40" tires you like to go with. Before you had the 38" Milestar. Why the Milestar wasn't at your list after you have run them?

Thank you

Lg

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Awesome build-thread and Jeep!

Can I ask you a question? You have named some 40" tires you like to go with. Before you had the 38" Milestar. Why the Milestar wasn't at your list after you have run them?

Thank you

Lg

So when the Patagonia’s came out they were extremely cheap. I bought 5 for the price of 4. I needed a new set for the Rubicon and they fit the budget at the time. They are very quiet and did well in mud, rocks, snow and ice. But they cupped after 2,000 miles. They take a lot of weight to balance. I ran them at 27 psi but I heard you need to run them at 35 psi because of the high crown they have and to rotate every oil change. Every person I know has cupped Milestars. When I went to 40s I wanted a quality tire. I’ve been extremely happy with my Nittos and they have zero vibration with no balancing. I hope that answered your question.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Nice work on that recovery, that had to take a while.

Great pictures [emoji106]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So when the Patagonia’s came out they were extremely cheap. I bought 5 for the price of 4. I needed a new set for the Rubicon and they fit the budget at the time. They are very quiet and did well in mud, rocks, snow and ice. But they cupped after 2,000 miles. They take a lot of weight to balance. I ran them at 27 psi but I heard you need to run them at 35 psi because of the high crown they have and to rotate every oil change. Every person I know has cupped Milestars. When I went to 40s I wanted a quality tire.

But but but, all the Instagram and YouTube whores swear that they're the best thing since sliced bread! :shock: :crazyeyes:

I’ve been extremely happy with my Nittos and they have zero vibration with no balancing. I hope that answered your question.

When it comes to 40's, there really are few tires that are made as well as Nittos.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Great shots by the way :thumb:

Thanks!

It doesn’t bother me that I tried the Patagonia’s. I bought them when they first came out. Now I have the ability to pass on my experience with them. I don’t recommend them for a daily driver that’s for sure. There are plenty who swear by them though. [emoji23]

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Started on my EVO high clearance long arm upgrade last week. It’s been exhausting so far. Working outside is the Virginia heat and humidity is awful. Plus I go to school at night so I wake up drive 20 miles to a buddy’s house and work on the Jeep for a few hours and then come home and go to school. If I get off early then I will also work on it in the evening as well. Plus the rain storms don’t help either. But after 5 days I’ve finished the rear. [emoji23] Lots of cutting and welding. I really wish I did this when I axle swapped. I love the quality of the kit so far. Arms are really beefy. Didn’t take many pictures.
IMG_8393.jpg
IMG_8395.JPG
IMG_8396.jpg
IMG_8411.jpg
Finally back on all fours. I have a final on Tuesday so I will probably start the front on Wednesday.

jdofmemi

Nice work. Tough doing it in a driveway, but at least you are getting it done 👍

I'm anxious to get a set for mine.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Phoenix has a great stance. Can’t wait to see what you think about the whole setup once it’s done.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Phoenix has a great stance. Can’t wait to see what you think about the whole setup once it’s done.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I have 4.5” RK springs. They kind of give it a stink bug stance a little bit. Thought about going to a 3.5” in the rear but I’m about to put a new EVO carrier on and I carry a bunch of stuff with me so it will probably even out.
IMG_7981.jpg

Top Bottom