Birth of Phoenix

JKbrick

Still haven’t done the air bag recall yet. Probably because I need to remove my cage for them to access everything they need.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I had the airbag recall done pre cage but just recently had my instrument cluster replaced and they did it no problem with the cage in. Not sure if it’s the same thing but the dash panel is the same on both sides I believe

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
I had the airbag recall done pre cage but just recently had my instrument cluster replaced and they did it no problem with the cage in. Not sure if it’s the same thing but the dash panel is the same on both sides I believe

Yeah the only reason I mentioned the cage was that a buddy of mine tried to take his Jeep in for the same recall and they wouldn’t do it because of the cage. I haven’t personally pursued it yet.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Well I finished up my cross country trip. I had to go to Norfolk, VA for school for 4 months before heading to my new job in Bangor, WA.

Jeep did well. It was a slug obviously. I could still do 70-75 mph. I averaged 11.91 MPG. Midwest and Eastern side killed my gas mileage with all the rolling hills. I had no breaks or mishaps other than my fender liner coming off due to the strong wind in Missouri. The other complaint I had was having two Antirocks. Jeep roll can get bad and the Jeep moves quite a bit. I miss the rubicon sway bar because the Jeep was solid on the road. I was never uncomfortable and I attribute that to my Mastercraft seats.

Hopefully I can slow down and enjoy the scenery on the way back since I won’t be on a time crunch.

IMG_7327.jpg
IMG_7331.jpg
Wheat fields in Eastern Washington.
IMG_7339.jpg
6,250 lbs. I was carrying all my tools and stuff for school.
IMG_7345.jpg
Idaho sunset.
IMG_7362.jpg
Utah
IMG_7372.jpg
Wyoming
IMG_7380.jpg
Wyoming
IMG_7389.jpg
Nebraska
IMG_7415.jpg
Illinois
IMG_7425.jpg
Illinois
IMG_7433.jpg
Virginia

fiend

Caught the Bug
What happened to Iowa, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania? [emoji848]

Good work. I still remember driving my ‘64 Willys Wagon cross country 26 years ago. I imagine your journey was a bit more comfortable. [emoji23]

Last edited:

jdofmemi

Well I finished up my cross country trip. I had to go to Norfolk, VA for school for 4 months before heading to my new job in Bangor, WA.

Jeep did well. It was a slug obviously. I could still do 70-75 mph. I averaged 11.91 MPG. Midwest and Eastern side killed my gas mileage with all the rolling hills. I had no breaks or mishaps other than my fender liner coming off due to the strong wind in Missouri. The other complaint I had was having two Antirocks. Jeep roll can get bad and the Jeep moves quite a bit. I miss the rubicon sway bar because the Jeep was solid on the road. I was never uncomfortable and I attribute that to my Mastercraft seats.

Hopefully I can slow down and enjoy the scenery on the way back since I won’t be on a time crunch.

View attachment 348071
View attachment 348073
Wheat fields in Eastern Washington.
View attachment 348074
6,250 lbs. I was carrying all my tools and stuff for school.
View attachment 348075
Idaho sunset.
View attachment 348076
Utah
View attachment 348077
Wyoming
View attachment 348078
Wyoming
View attachment 348079
Nebraska
View attachment 348080
Illinois
View attachment 348081
Illinois
View attachment 348082
Virginia

Congratulations on a safe trip. I hope you get to take in the sights and explore a bit, both there, and on the way back.

Good work. I still remember driving my ‘64 Willys Wagon cross country 26 years ago. I imagine your journey was a bit more comfortable. [emoji23]

That would be quite an epic trip. I remember we had a couple of different Willy's wagons when I was a kid. One had a 231 Buick V-6 in it, and it ran pretty good. The four cylinder one could barely get out of its own way on the road.
The comfort level in both was one step above a buckboard wagon.

fiend

Caught the Bug
That would be quite an epic trip. I remember we had a couple of different Willy's wagons when I was a kid. One had a 231 Buick V-6 in it, and it ran pretty good. The four cylinder one could barely get out of its own way on the road.

It was a lot of fun. I commented on Iowa because I recall passing through at the time of the Iowa Star Fair. That was fun and interesting.

My Willys had an AMC 304 / TH400 that a prior owner swapped in. So it had pretty decent power, save for the Colorado passes. But everything else was pretty rudimentary, as you can imagine. No air conditioning, among other things. 🥵

Last edited:

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug

Thanks. No Ohio or Pennsylvania. Iowa seriously lasted 15 minutes. IMG_7397.jpg

That would’ve been an epic trip in the wagon. Every time I wanted to complain, I remember my brother Dylan driving his ‘55 17 hours to Moab and back. [emoji23]

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Congratulations on a safe trip. I hope you get to take in the sights and explore a bit, both there, and on the way back.

Thank you! Looking forward to exploring while I’m here and on the way back.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Glad you had a safe trip East. If you get a chance, Windrock is worth the drive. As close as I’ve come to western USA wheeling this side of the Mississippi.

Good luck In the new program!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Decided to upgrade to some MCE fenders. I’m a supporter of cut flares and I’ve done it for the last 5 years but they were bent, scratched and broken in places. Pretty easy upgrade and I think they look great.
IMG_7821.jpg
I do like the no flare look but it won’t fly too well with some cops out there.
IMG_7820.JPG
IMG_7823.jpg
For the narrow flares, I cut the support which isn’t needed.
IMG_7830.jpg
Couple clamps makes it easy for mock up.
7C014D2F-CF32-4BD0-8B5E-36AEF9FC410A.jpg

Top Bottom