Birth of Phoenix

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
The guy that followed had a super nice Ultra 4 Jeep that he had out at KOH last year. He used his HP and flat belly to make it pretty far but he broke a trailing arm, pulled the rear driveshaft out and bent a coilover and bypass. IMG_7107.jpg
IMG_7111.jpg
IMG_7112.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
That’s a great last shot!

Can’t believe he busted that arm like that. Giving it hell!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jdofmemi

The tire in the rear of the Jeep has been nice but it makes hauling the kids around difficult when it comes to car seats. Plus I want the extra room back. So I’m working on putting an EVO carrier on. The skin installation wasn’t bad except for the part where I hit a tree. The sheet metal wasn’t playing a hole didn’t line up at the end. Not really and issue because I can just do a nut and bolt. EVO said they should have the carrier shipped out in about 2 weeks.
View attachment 346983
View attachment 346984
View attachment 346985
View attachment 346986
View attachment 346987
View attachment 346988

I hear you on the tire there. Mine is too, and it's a love/hate relationship.
Love the look, hate the lack of space.

No more kids to haul, so my rear seats came out. I'm building a deck and will run like that for a while.

Like you, I wanted to change, and I actually have the EVO cage carrier, but I never put it on. If I like this after I run a while, I may sell the carrier.

Your Jeep is looking great, and it looks like some fun trails there.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
I hear you on the tire there. Mine is too, and it's a love/hate relationship.
Love the look, hate the lack of space.

No more kids to haul, so my rear seats came out. I'm building a deck and will run like that for a while.

Like you, I wanted to change, and I actually have the EVO cage carrier, but I never put it on. If I like this after I run a while, I may sell the carrier.

Your Jeep is looking great, and it looks like some fun trails there.

I hope like the carrier and thanks for the compliment.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Went ahead and upgraded my winch to a Warn Zeon 12k. The M8000 is a great winch but with my Jeep around 6k lbs I felt I was on the edge with it. I bought the steel cable one and just swapped over my synthetic line. The winch barely fit on my bumper. Also got new plates too. 44A5B805-EED6-43BE-9308-BD86020530D7.jpg

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
So for the last 6-8 months I’ve been living with my ABS and traction control lights on. At first my programmer was saying it was the rear sensor. So I replaced that but the code came back within 1/4 mile. So I chalked it up to my Artec tone ring setup. The hub must be machined to accept the tone ring and the backing plate must be ground down to accept the sensor. I figured that was all jacked up and the clearances were off so that was causing the code. IMG_4934.jpg
IMG_5184.jpg
I tried some troubleshooting and some adjustment but got nowhere. Now the scanner wasn’t even registering the codes but they were still in on the dash. Googling this resulting in people having a similar issue but no solutions were ever given.

So last night I did some more research and decided to check all sensors and pigtails. First I verified there was voltage at all sensors. There was and it was the same. Next I checked continuity through each sensor. 3 checked out and 1 showed an open circuit which was my front passenger.

Next day I went to the Jeep dealership and bought a new sensor with a 48” pigtail for $70. I pulled the rotor and discovered that the wire had been wore through in two places. Replaced the wire and secured it better. No lights anymore. It feels so good to have those lights clear. IMG_7267.jpg IMG_7268.jpg
As a reminder, my front hubs are 2005+ hubs from Currie with the correct tone ring setup. Allowed me to upgrade to 35 spline outers. IMG_5090.jpg

fiend

Caught the Bug
I agree. I also had 4 too. My “Brake” light comes on periodically. Haven’t tracked that one down yet. I can live with the low tire pressure one.

Lol. I’ve had the airbag light on for a couple of years. I can “live” with it until I need airbags and they don’t fire. That or four or five hundy at the dealer for a new module and programming.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Lol. I’ve had the airbag light on for a couple of years. I can “live” with it until I need airbags and they don’t fire. That or four or five hundy at the dealer for a new module and programming.

Still haven’t done the air bag recall yet. Probably because I need to remove my cage for them to access everything they need.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
In other news, I’ll be driving across country to go to school in VA for my upcoming school. I’ll be there for 4 months so hopefully I can do some east coast wheeling. Gulches or Uwharrie maybe?

Also just recently got a new tow pig. This will help with the increased camping and outdoor activities the family and I plan on doing. 2017 Ram 2500.
IMG_7300.jpg

JPast

Thanks! I’ll figure it out when I get there. School is in Portsmouth. It’s only Monday-Friday. So I should be available on the the weekend. Uwharrie has been on my list for a few years now.

Uwharrie is a great time, I try to get up there a few times a year. Only been once since I’ve had my Jeep though. Gulches is also a lot of fun. If timing works out I’d love to get up there with y’all. I’d also recommend Windrock if you’ve not been there before.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Uwharrie is a great time, I try to get up there a few times a year. Only been once since I’ve had my Jeep though. Gulches is also a lot of fun. If timing works out I’d love to get up there with y’all. I’d also recommend Windrock if you’ve not been there before.

Windrock has been on my list but it’s over 8 hours away. Maybe if I get a 3 day weekend. More the merrier at Uwharrie.

Top Bottom