DynoMax 2012-Up JK Evolution Competition Exhaust System Installation Write-Up

aaronstephen

going to resurrect this thread again. does anyone have any side view pictures of how much lower the muffler sits from the bottom of the frame?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I looked there buddy, sold out! I wonder if I can piece meal the parts separately.

You can easily piece the parts together if no one has the kit in stock. Shoot Dynomax (Matt) a pm and he will be able to get you the part numbers for the intermediate pipe, muffler, exhaust clamps, and the end pipe.

Renzo1200

You can easily piece the parts together if no one has the kit in stock. Shoot Dynomax (Matt) a pm and he will be able to get you the part numbers for the intermediate pipe, muffler, exhaust clamps, and the end pipe.

Thanks buddy, I finally found one at an undisclosed retailer. Looking forward to installing next weekend.

albertmald9

Since this thread has been resurrected, I have a question to throw out there since I'll be installing mine this weekend. Is there a problem with bolting the exhaust hanger bracket under the evap skid as opposed to on top and grinding down that lip? I thought that's how it was intended to be installed since the lip did cause a weird fit with the bracket on top.

And I've always struggled pulling those rubber isolators off when hangers have a cone. I usually use a screwdriver but have never tried a pry bar. Wish I knew to try that as I just ordered one of these exhaust hanger pliers online. It was pretty cheap though so even if pry bar makes it relatively easy, it'll be a cool tool to have.

lisle.PNG

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Since this thread has been resurrected, I have a question to throw out there since I'll be installing mine this weekend. Is there a problem with bolting the exhaust hanger bracket under the evap skid as opposed to on top and grinding down that lip? I thought that's how it was intended to be installed since the lip did cause a weird fit with the bracket on top.

And I've always struggled pulling those rubber isolators off when hangers have a cone. I usually use a screwdriver but have never tried a pry bar. Wish I knew to try that as I just ordered one of these exhaust hanger pliers online. It was pretty cheap though so even if pry bar makes it relatively easy, it'll be a cool tool to have.

View attachment 174113

No I don't think there is an issue with it since I installed mine on top of the lip myself.

That is a pretty handy looking tool and looks like something I could have used when doing mine! Those damn hangers are a pain in the ass ever with wd-40

albertmald9

No I don't think there is an issue with it since I installed mine on top of the lip myself.

That is a pretty handy looking tool and looks like something I could have used when doing mine! Those damn hangers are a pain in the ass ever with wd-40

What I mean is installing it under the skid, not on top. So sandwiched between the skid and the crossmember.

And yeah I hate removing those hangers. After all these years fighting with rubber isolators, I'm extremely excited to use those pliers.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
What I mean is installing it under the skid, not on top. So sandwiched between the skid and the crossmember.

And yeah I hate removing those hangers. After all these years fighting with rubber isolators, I'm extremely excited to use those pliers.

Ahh ok well no there will not be any issue with that either

albertmald9

Got mine installed, sprayed some lithium grease I had on the hangers and used the exhaust pliers I posted above and it was a breeze. Wish I knew about those sooner. They pop the hanger cones right through the rubber isolators in 5 seconds. Awesome. Everything else was pretty straightforward, once the hangers are pooped off just wiggle the muffler and intermediate pipe apart. No cutting to the dynomax required, just slipped everything on and tightened.

The sound of this exhaust is definitely noticeable right when you start it up. It grumbles. For the most part, I am happy with it. There is some highway drone at high speeds and a little ricey when accelerating quickly but if I accelerate normally and let my auto shift accordingly, it keeps a low deep grumble that I'm very happy with. I spent $500 on a Borla catback for my TJ and the difference between that and stock was hardly noticeable. It left me wanting more, at least I don't have that issue with this kit. I've read that it will mellow out with a few hundred miles, but even if it doesn't, I'm happy with it (especially for the price).

rogerk93

I love mine. I do agree it sounds a little ricey under fast driving when it shifts from a lower gear but that's about it.

justtryingtolivd

Does anyone have pictures of this exhaust and the poison spyder evap skid plate? I just got this exhaust and am excited to try and put it on hopefully this weekend.

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
Well I ended up removing mine recently and put the stock back on. I don't know if it is because it is a 2015 or what but everytime you stayed in the accelerator it sounded horrible at the shift point and the engine ran very rich. The exhaust was coated with black soot. The drone was just horrible when the motor was in the torque band.

Top Bottom