Hot Rods & Old Classics - Lets See Em...

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I have always had an early Ford of some form in the works. It’s a disease. Trade up, trade down, buy, sell, follow up on leads, early morning swap meets. I was about 12 when my dad bought us a project to work on a ‘56 F-100 and since then these dumb old cars have consumed my life. lol

At the moment I’m down to only 4 Fords.
I’ve had this ‘31 Tudor for 15 years. It’s been built, stripped and rebuilt 3 times but never really finished. lol
View attachment 296716 .
View attachment 296717 .

My most recent project. Picked this ‘67 Galaxie up about two years ago and about ready to paint it to put on the chopping block.
View attachment 296718 .
Photoshop what is planned.
View attachment 296720 .
Almost there. Rebuilt the 390 and transmission, new top, front suspension rebuilt. Just ran out of steam and $$ for body and paint. Hopefully in a few months it’ll get done.

This is what happens when you hoard parts and realize you can have a complete running car with all the crap you accumulated for a different project. This thing is fun.
‘30 Ford hack job
View attachment 296721 .

And of course. Last but not least. I’ve had this truck a little while now. Up until recently it was my daily driver. Nothing like actually using your old junk as intended.
‘40 Ford
View attachment 296722 .
View attachment 296723 .

Damn! I love the old fords. It’s to bad you are so damn far away!

Oh snap. Where to Stallion? I’m up in Burlingame this week for work[emoji849].

Looking hard at Fairview again. Really liked how quite and lack of people out there.
Really anywhere in the county with a few acres is on the table.

I’ll be in Burlingame this Thursday. Gnarly traffic with no easy escape.

aemfinger

View attachment 296815

67 Camaro taking down to the frame

Nice. I already convinced the wife I NEED a ‘68. Behind my grandfathers property outside of Austin this guy has HUNDREDS of awesome cars just rotting. Some were once in buildings which have since collapsed. 4C7560BD-077A-46B4-902B-2246F88769D1.jpg C0381EDC-6869-42C3-93CF-8E98782AF8A6.jpg AD65CD53-E25F-4700-8ACF-ED67B9EE84F6.jpg 05F147B4-B67F-49E8-A5FE-50AD009E4FE6.jpg
2CF38FD8-BC25-49FB-B8F9-876DB01CA3D5.jpg
Here’s a few of my favs

Attachments

• 48324B8A-FCC6-4514-8158-6DC11BBEE9AD.jpg
    48324B8A-FCC6-4514-8158-6DC11BBEE9AD.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 143
A couple that got away.

‘62 Mercury Meteor Custom
IMG_8223.JPG .

‘56 Effie
IMG_8224.JPG .

This one still stings. The whole way it went down still pisses me off years later.
‘68 Jeep Commando
IMG_0383.JPG .

Very Cool... is that that the 56 you’re trying to get back? Looks like a big window? Original Y block 272?

It is. Non big window, volare front clip with a 390. All of which is how it came and why my dad sold it. It was a bit of a basket case with waaay to much horsepower for a teenager. This picture is before it got painted. I made the wood bed from rough cut oak planks in high school wood shop. Hours and hours before and after school planing, sanding and sealing with marine epoxy. Damn near cried when I found it to see the bed starting to rot from sitting out under a tree. haha

TrailHunter

Hooked
It is. Non big window, volare front clip with a 390. All of which is how it came and why my dad sold it. It was a bit of a basket case with waaay to much horsepower for a teenager. This picture is before it got painted. I made the wood bed from rough cut oak planks in high school wood shop. Hours and hours before and after school planing, sanding and sealing with marine epoxy. Damn near cried when I found it to see the bed starting to rot from sitting out under a tree. haha

Nice! You were doing better than me... mine was all stock, Y block, no power steering, primer grey & rust, 3 on the tree with no synchro and my buddies would sing the “Sanford & Sons” song when they saw me.... not exactly a chick magnet. But I loved it. I also spent time refinishing oak planks and they slowly turned black.... Eventually it was sold and I got handed down a late model Chevy 1500... I think my Old Man felt bad. Haha

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
IMG_5038.JPG
‘78 Falcon Cobra that I restored 20 years ago and then left sitting in my parents garage about 10 years ago when the steering coupling failed. I’m finally putting it back on the road.

Also have a ‘78 4 door that is getting heavily modified.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
View attachment 297001
‘78 Falcon Cobra that I restored 20 years ago and then left sitting in my parents garage about 10 years ago when the steering coupling failed. I’m finally putting it back on the road.

Also have a ‘78 4 door that is getting heavily modified.

My cousin had the US version of that that I watched burn to the ground on the side of the highway when I was maybe 10 years old. Good times.

Zstairlessone

Here's my 71 Javelin from back in the day. Ported & Polished heads, Crane Fireball cam, Holley Double Pumper carb, the works. Went like stink. Really loved this car at the time but wouldn't want it back! Drum brakes IN THE FRONT, pump the lever by hand windshield washers, and vacuum windshield wipers :crazyeyes:, . If you've never experienced vacuum operated wipers in a rainstorm, well brother you ain't lived yet :eek: Ugh. This thing had deletes, not options! Still, it was cool as hell because no one else but my buddy and I had them. Toned down the paint once I got married & ended up trading it for a 72 Hornet.

View attachment 296816

View attachment 296817

View attachment 296818

The Javelin was preceded by this 77 F150 with a 4" lift and 35" Groung Hawgs. Talk about loud tires! And my first ever experience with death wobble was in this doing about 65mph. I still swear I saw Jesus that day. Looking back I can't believe I didn't kill myself installing the lift in a gravel driveway with one floor jack and a bunch of railroad tie pieces. Holy shit, if I saw one of my kids doing what I did that day I'd have heart failure on the spot.

View attachment 296819

Yep, at 16 I had an old ‘68 Javelin with the 343 and a 4 speed (it cost me almost $400), really abused that thing once I got it on the road. I miss mine too but not enough to drive one again.

Ruvicon

I’m working on my 1st car, a 65 Mustang. Currently adding in a 2x3 tube frame along with a mini-tub to fit wider tires. I built this rotisserie to help me roll the car around for improved access.

IMG_0791.JPG

IMG_0790.JPG

IMG_0787.JPG

Ruvicon

And I built some custom front brake air ducts based off a 69 spindle and 13” Wilwood rotors.

Here’s what I started with:
IMG_2135.JPG

Here’s the completed adaptor:
IMG_2141.JPG

Here’s the adaptor installed:
IMG_2138.JPG

Top Bottom