Hot Rods & Old Classics - Lets See Em...

p38

Caught the Bug
'34' Ford

I've got a '34' Ford roadster - all original car, that spent the last 30 plus years sitting in a warehouse. It is in the process of getting back on the road. It was disassembled all the way to the frame, cleaned, repairs were made as necessary, and it is the process of reassembly. It has a stock full-fender body, Model A drop front axle, '39' Lincoln Zephyr transmission, Lincoln juice brakes, '40' Ford rear-end. The flat-head V8 has Edmonds heads with matching dual-carb Edmonds high-rise intake. A very "sporty" set-up in its day. Should be completed in a couple months. Here's a couple pictures: Before and during:

IMG_3660.jpg IMG_5370.jpg

I've got a '34' Ford roadster - all original car, that spent the last 30 plus years sitting in a warehouse. It is in the process of getting back on the road. It was disassembled all the way to the frame, cleaned, repairs were made as necessary, and it is the process of reassembly. It has a stock full-fender body, Model A drop front axle, '39' Lincoln Zephyr transmission, Lincoln juice brakes, '40' Ford rear-end. The flat-head V8 has Edmonds heads with matching dual-carb Edmonds high-rise intake. A very "sporty" set-up in its day. Should be completed in a couple months. Here's a couple pictures: Before and during:

View attachment 302359 View attachment 302360

Love what your doing with it!

I could take the 28/29 in the back off your hands. You know, to help you out since your busy with the sweet late model. haha

A.J.

IMG_6129.JPG

My old drag car. The replacement for displacement is a turbocharger. Lol! 144ci four cyl. Mechanical injection on alcohol. Ran 9.54 @ 149mph.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

A.J.

Nice Pinto. :thumb: My neighbor ran one back in the 70's with a 351C. He was in the 11's then which was pretty damn quick.

There’s a local guy here with a big block stuffed in one. Never could get him to the track though. Lol! Mine was very light. Chromoly tube chassis. No front brakes just spindles. Rear brakes were factory 8” drums. It went fast but didn’t stop so good. When we scaled it it was 1758lbs with me in it. The old motto was “if it weighs anything it belongs on the other guys car” lol! My daughter was racing Jr.dragsters back then too! Good times!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

p38

Caught the Bug
View attachment 302365 here is my 32 three window,hemi powered

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nice deuce.

My first plan for the '34' not a flat-head. I grew up around, and flew - old WWII fighters and bombers; and I went to the school of "There is no substitute for cubic inches." I had a '33' way back in high school, and had been looking for a '34' when this one became available. My plan was to use a custom frame, NRE 427 or a Mighty-mouse or some other stroked 427, etc, etc. But his car was just too complete and original to cut, so we went with the early post-war look. That doesn't mean there won't be some other fire-breathing beast roll out of the shop in the next few years. We're thinking maybe blown V-12...

Fired up piss yellow today and it was running bad. Dog shit bad. Missing like crazy, barely able to idle and backfiring.
IMG_9208.JPG .

Distributer was loose and moved a bit so timing was all jacked. After getting that dialed in it was still running a bit rough with delayed throttle response.

Hmm that’s not supposed to look like that. The “air filter” looked like shit.
IMG_9210.JPG .

Inside the carb looked worse. Sweet.
Nice melted bits of foam everywhere.
IMG_9211.JPG .

New plugs, fuel filter, air cleaner, carburetor cleaned and timed all is well again. Thank goodness. I did NOT want to rip this thing apart just yet.
IMG_9214.JPG .

Remember when Sears sold quality tools?
Remember Sears? lol
IMG_9213.JPG .

Five-N9ne

‘57 283 fuelie Vette
IMG_1681.jpg

I’ll get a picture of the Yenko Nova and the Caprice 396 when it’s not pouring. Somewhere I have pictures of when my dad owned the 67 Le Mans Vette (12 years, sold it to buy the house before I was born)

TrailHunter

Hooked
Took my 65 C10 to a local car show today... there was a really cool 1950 Jeepster there. This cool older lady had just picked it up about a month ago and was really excited about finding it.

IMG_9062.jpg

IMG_9064.jpg

IMG_9068.jpg

IMG_9071.jpg

IMG_9070.jpg

BaddestCross

Top Bottom