VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - Bumping Up to a Rancho 3.5 Inch Lift

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Cool Video!... I need taller jack stands to install my 3” lift, but now I’m questioning what height.. and if it will even be enough.... Also, did you end up removing the boots off your 9000’s? (I kinda want to remove mine)

Before we had our garage, I used to use a set of 6-ton Harbor Freight jack stands. They were able to get the job done for me.

Regarding shock boots, yeah, I cut them off soon after installing them. In fact, we didn't have them on for the kick off run. Not a fan of boots :)

Eddie's what your overall thoughts of the Rancho kit? Do you like? Is there room for improvement?

Honestly, I actually like it a lot. I mean, it's no DTD but for what it is and for how affordable it is, it's maybe one of the nicer coil and shock lift I've tested.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
Hi Eddie, are you going to keep all the bracketry (i-e brake line relocation, axle brackets for swaybar links etc) or will you switch out for longer more durable solutions? (Longer swaybar links and longer lines?)

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Nice video Cindy and Eddie! I gotta ask tho, did the coils settle down? If so where about is jet sitting now?

Discount Tire

Fantastic job. I love watching a detailed how-to video when I am planning upgrades and yours are always the best. :clap2:

Great video as always. After seeing you guys at the NY kick off run I’d have to say I like the overall stance for sure. Clearly enough room for 40’s lol.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video! Good idea on the spring compressors. I bet they saved a lot of time.

LOL!! Truth be told, I don't really like spring compressors but they did speed things along :)

Hi Eddie, are you going to keep all the bracketry (i-e brake line relocation, axle brackets for swaybar links etc) or will you switch out for longer more durable solutions? (Longer swaybar links and longer lines?)

As of now, I see no need to replace the factory brake lines with extensions so for now, the relocation bracket will stay. Also, I like how the factory brake lines are secured in place and kept out of the way of other things. The sway bar link risers, I would rather run longer links but will have to do some looking around for something I like.

Nice video Cindy and Eddie! I gotta ask tho, did the coils settle down? If so where about is jet sitting now?

They did but we're still sitting at a little more than 4" of lift.

Fantastic job. I love watching a detailed how-to video when I am planning upgrades and yours are always the best. :clap2:

Thank you, we really do appreciate it and glad you liked it :)

Thanks for sharing, that new rig is one beauty of a BEAST!!!!!

Thank you :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video as always. After seeing you guys at the NY kick off run I’d have to say I like the overall stance for sure. Clearly enough room for 40’s lol.

LOL!! Man, I really want to make the bump to 40's but with the Gladiator coming out, I gotta hold off for a bit. :rolleyes2:

LOL!! Man, I really want to make the bump to 40's but with the Gladiator coming out, I gotta hold off for a bit. :rolleyes2:

That a big reason we haven’t gone nuts on suspension upgrades for our JK. We want a JL next spring and would rather build it up a bit right off the bat.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That a big reason we haven’t gone nuts on suspension upgrades for our JK. We want a JL next spring and would rather build it up a bit right off the bat.

I don't know if there's ever a "right" but there are definitely ways to do things wrong. :crazyeyes:

The nice thing about Rancho kits is that they are affordable and surprisingly nice for what you get. I always feel they make a good intermediate step to get you out and having fun with your Jeep and without breaking the bank. For most, this is all they will ever need. For others, it won't kill them to upgrade later.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am trying to think on a personal level, sell the JK and F250 for the Gladiator?
:doh:

That's a tough one. I hardly ever use my Duramax but can't get myself to sell it being that it's nice to have when I do need it. Granted, if you sell both, you won't have anything to tow :yup:

Rancho

Caught the Bug
To and from the mountains. That turbo diesel just goes A LOT faster heading up there

Do you even use that F250? I think you should indeed do the Gladiator. :beer:

That is my thinking. I use the bed of the truck a lot...
And getting rid of both... Hmmm.
:icon_crazy:

That's a tough one. I hardly ever use my Duramax but can't get myself to sell it being that it's nice to have when I do need it. Granted, if you sell both, you won't have anything to tow :yup:

WJCO

Meme King
To and from the mountains. That turbo diesel just goes A LOT faster heading up there

That is my thinking. I use the bed of the truck a lot...
And getting rid of both... Hmmm.
:icon_crazy:

Is yours a longbed? That's what I miss the most when we sold ours. The pro is parking is easier in the People's Republic Of Boulder without it.

F

Fionayeti

I love the Trump/Pence sign on the wall under the American flag in your garage. Keep up the good work on your videos, especially your travel ones with the knowledge/history of the area. Love those videos.

Top Bottom