VIDEO : GOLD DUST Part 3 - NITTO JKX / Takin on Twin Peaks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
We need to fit this in before the Rubicon & Fordyce...

Honestly, if it were me, I would save it for AFTER those trails. It really is a no nothing rock pile that's only 100 yards long and one that could easily jack up something on your Jeep. Better to get in 2 really good trail runs and then have stupid fun before going home. Of course, that's just me.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another awesome video! Thanks again. Was I the only one laughing at that camera rig on the back of the jeep floping around on it's way up the trail?

33:00

I don't know about you but I was cringing. You're looking at about $100k in camera equipment bouncing around like mad :shock:

Making Friday go just a little faster :thumb:

i'll take another stab at 32 minutes for part 4 :beer:

Awesome, so glad to hear it :thumb:

That last hill: ;););) loved that video!

Thank you :)

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
Enjoying the series so far. The JKX runs never cease to disappoint.
Corned beef hash? They still make that stuff?
I never win the time so my Price is Right guess is 00:01.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
Honestly, if it were me, I would save it for AFTER those trails. It really is a no nothing rock pile that's only 100 yards long and one that could easily jack up something on your Jeep. Better to get in 2 really good trail runs and then have stupid fun before going home. Of course, that's just me.

Good point...

Coop

Caught the Bug
Knocked that one out of the park! That was a great video! I liked all the different angles and lines taken. Looked like everyone had fun! Loved this!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Good point...

Just trying to add some perspective. On a trip like the JKX, you have a lot of guys fully equipped with spare parts, tools and know how and, this is what you do on a trip like this. :crazyeyes:

Ok that part was really awesome indeed but I will ask one question who flipped the eggs ?[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji7]

LOL - that would be me. I like eggs :D

Knocked that one out of the park! That was a great video! I liked all the different angles and lines taken. Looked like everyone had fun! Loved this!

Very cool - so glad you enjoyed it :)

Exodus 4x4

We need to fit this in before the Rubicon & Fordyce...

I second this. I actually bent my ram on that pile of rocks and had to replace it in the parking lot that evening. Luckily, that was pretty much the last of my breaks. Almost...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I second this. I actually bent my ram on that pile of rocks and had to replace it in the parking lot that evening. Luckily, that was pretty much the last of my breaks. Almost...

:cheesy: I almost forgot about that. Good thing Tom had a spare on him. Yet another benefit of wheeling with guys in the industry :yup:

Bumblebe

Very cool! Always enjoy all your videos.
Don't think my ruby could make it up that rock pile without a lot of damage. Only have 35" tires, 3.5" Evo long arm lift, pro rock 44 frt. axle, stock Dana 44 rear axle.
Can't wait for part 4. My guess is 35 minutes in length.

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
Way cool can’t wait for the next video. Yea they can keep that jack for that price I’ll stick to my Harbor Freight bottle jack and some wooden blocks.
Part4. 27 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Last edited:

benatc1

Hooked
Another great edition! Twin peaks looks like it's no joke. Lots of action for 1 day! When Adam and I finished the Rubicon I had exactly 1 of those wet woody's and it was all I needed! Think I took down 2 or 3 last summer, and paid for it lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
Thanks for keeping the videos coming. Great times were had by all I’m sure. Is with the parts and experience sure make trail repairs look easy.

Another great edition! Twin peaks looks like it's no joke. Lots of action for 1 day! When Adam and I finished the Rubicon I had exactly 1 of those wet woody's and it was all I needed! Think I took down 2 or 3 last summer, and paid for it lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

You know it’s going to get bad when they start bringing them out in pitchers. I don’t know who got them to do that maybe Trailbud. Paid for it dearly he next day...haha.

Top Bottom