Trainwreck's Build

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Looking good. Did you get your new steering box in? I remember that's what you were waiting on to put in the front CO. Also, I bet you were sweating your butt off!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks! I did get started on the hydro assist, but will wait to finish once the cooler gets in. Should be here any time. And yeah.. it's been stupid hot. I had a fan a foot away from me while I was working the whole time, and it was like a blast furnace.. I opted to shut the fan off because it wasn't doing jack.

Lookin awesome! Just wait til you take it out for the first drive when you''re done. You ain't gonna believe it. Once you hit 85 and it's like, whaaaaaaaaaat?! Where's all the drama? Why didn't I do this sooner?! :crazyeyes:

Thanks! I can't wait to feel how it rides. I'm guessing your really enjoying the long arms?

nice! definitely going to keep up with this as i'll need some references! wheeling your jeep is top of the list for a good day, but wrenching on your jeep is a close 3rd!

As hot as it been, wrenching has been one of the furthest things from the top of my list.

Ddays

Hooked
JKbrick asked about the vertical joint on the rear of the front upper CA. Would you be able to take a pic of the joint & what the bushings look like & post up? I didn't think to do that.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Did you do the normal long arm or the high clearance?

I went with the "normal" long arm. The high clearance kit cannot be bolted on and the difference in clearance shouldn't be a big issue, these brackets are beefy.

Absolutely! Really start noticing the difference 50mph & up. Lower speeds not as much. When you're cruising along at 80 you'll see!

That's really great to hear[emoji106] can't wait!

JKbrick asked about the vertical joint on the rear of the front upper CA. Would you be able to take a pic of the joint & what the bushings look like & post up? I didn't think to do that.

Yeah, I'll take one when I get near the parts in a bit

Ddays

Hooked
I went with the "normal" long arm. The high clearance kit cannot be bolted on and the difference in clearance shouldn't be a big issue, these brackets are beefy.

I didn't think you could use the high clearance kit unless you went with the Evolever? Maybe I'm wrong but my understanding is with the high clearance kit you cut off the CA /shock mount bracket off of the axle and fab a new one with the pieces provided. There's nowhere to mount shocks/coilovers.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I didn't think you could use the high clearance kit unless you went with the Evolever? Maybe I'm wrong but my understanding is with the high clearance kit you cut off the CA /shock mount bracket off of the axle and fab a new one with the pieces provided. There's nowhere to mount shocks/coilovers.

You might be right about the high clearance kit, I'm not really sure. I just know its 100% weld on.

Here is a couple photos of the joint.

Evo upper control arm 1-1.jpg

Evo upper control arm 2-1.jpg

tgoss

You can actually. All you need to do is fabricate some rear lower shock mounts. Rubicat used to have this done and I think another member here just did this on his 60/60 set. Adrock?

Dynatrac axles showed up today! Dang crate weighs 1180lbs! :shock:

CONGRATS!!

You can actually. All you need to do is fabricate some rear lower shock mounts. Rubicat used to have this done and I think another member here just did this on his 60/60 set. Adrock?

CONGRATS!!

Yep adrock had it custom done for high clearance arms and BO coilovers.

And Benito is going to do the same thing very soon himself, in preparation for running the bolt ons.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Congrats!!!

Thanks!

That's a lot of weight.

Yeah, I was really surprised when I saw the shipping weight. I knew they would be heavy, just not this heavy.

CONGRATS!!

Thanks!

Oh man!

I know, I need to get movin!

Top Bottom