what is your trailer ? camp trailer , teardrop , travel trailer or ????????

Sharkey

Word Ninja
... I thought I was the only one that thought that way. I asked if they could do a kitchen delete but was told no. A microwave and counter would be plenty. I'm curious how many folks actually use those ovens? I'd rather gain a couple hundred pounds in weight savings.

The weight savings would be nice, but my concern stems more from making the trailer smell like a fast food restaurant. Bears will go through a trailer door in a heartbeat if they smell something yummy on the other side.

pop2tu

The weight savings would be nice, but my concern stems more from making the trailer smell like a fast food restaurant. Bears will go through a trailer door in a heartbeat if they smell something yummy on the other side.

Couldn't agree more! I've seen a black bear destroy an ice chest to get to food that was sealed. I could only imagine if they had smelled food!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

meljr

Homemade Teardrop on Harbor Freight frame

Works well for the roughly $1,200 invested. Light enough I don't have to license it in Oregon.

6274144146_16903fa5ca_z.jpg

Future plans are to substitute a 5 x 4.5" bolt pattern axle and use my MJ/Comanche takeoff wheel/tires for a little more clearance.

Ddays

Hooked

Yeah, good point - thank you for that heads up. We already nixed any trailers with canvas pop-outs for that same reason.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Thoughts on this one I found on Craigslist? They call it the "spaceship"

https://reno.craigslist.org/rvs/d/the-spaceship/6199683461.html
Lol time to take off ... rough indeed lots of work needed for this one
View attachment 269664

Saw this DIY jewel in Yosemite, today. It had Maryland plates.

Seen this is it a kit you can buy and build .. pretty nice lookin honestly ... marine plywood puzzle pieces then epoxy and fiberglassed ... they show the time around 250 hours to build ..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I ended up with a 1963 aristocratic. I rolled the axel, gave it about 5" of lift. 10 gal gravity water tank, I also carry water to refill the tank. It has 110 plug in, but I have a full solar power system in it as well. Fuel mileage goes to shit. Here is a shot of it next to loon lake View attachment 268998

Edit: this shot is before I rolled the axel, for the lift. I bottomed it out getting out of this spot. [emoji23]

I love these old ones like the canned
Ham!

Albatross

Sleeping box

My biwak box
29891395wy.jpg

29891396rd.jpg

29891397er.jpg

29891398iz.jpg

29891399cx.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPo8DZE4u-Q