what is your trailer ? camp trailer , teardrop , travel trailer or ????????

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
My biwak box
29891395wy.jpg

29891396rd.jpg

29891397er.jpg

29891398iz.jpg

29891399cx.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPo8DZE4u-Q
This is nice a setup man

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
OP, have you considered trying some rentals before plopping down the coin to buy one?

Rent Off The Grid isn't too far from Texas and you could do some week long excursions with a few to see what works and what doesn't. If you're really going to live in this thing for a few years, you should be picky as hell on what you end up with.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
OP, have you considered trying some rentals before plopping down the coin to buy one?

Rent Off The Grid isn't too far from Texas and you could do some week long excursions with a few to see what works and what doesn't. If you're really going to live in this thing for a few years, you should be picky as hell on what you end up with.
Well im a few yrs away from it so i got time before i do move into it... mainly now just doing alot of looking /research .. seeing what it is out there now and whats up an coming ..ideas in case i convert a cargo trailer .. prices you all that fun stuff ya do before making a big buy .. when it comes time to spend then i got a better idea ..

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
from Oct until June...changing the plan 3 or 4 times, but conditio sine qua non: same height, width, trackwidth and wheels (tires and rims with same offset) as the towing vehicle
The more i look at this the more i like it man .. you did a nice job on this .. should market it as a kit or even just plans with a full materials list ..

jwalt

Nice work . .. am leaning towards building one based off a m1101/m1102 trailer ..

I thought about building one on those trailers but the used prices were to high for me to justify. New titled trailer was much less. I didn't want just a tent because I spend a lot of time in bear country and need a place to keep camping stuff outside the TJ. I'm glad I built one, the wife put up with me building it so she chose the color. There are things I'll change and more I'll add to it but they will come with time. For now it's great having a good bed to sleep in and a good cooler for beverages. It's made some trails that are further away more accessible too.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

PT1400

Nothing is bear proof. If you've got food and they want it? It's theirs. I've seen million dollar motor coaches destroyed by bears. Are you leaning more towards keeping honest people from stealing your stuff?

SKT

This one was built by Bill Reiss using a M416 platform.

He is currently driving it in the Alaska or Rust convoy:

IMG_3257.JPG

IMG_3280.JPG

IMG_3290.JPG

IMG_3293.JPG

IMG_3329.JPG

IMG_3338.JPG

IMG_3487.JPG

Top Bottom