JL / JT Experience 2019 Mega Thread

Bear_JT

Hooked
I call bs on the so call silicone job on the long arm brackets. Sound like someone is trying to point the finger to someone else! Lol

New member with 2 posts and your going to start calling BS? Get the hell outta here.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

If I was Ara, I'd be at DCD hate fucking some souls.

A lot of carnage yesterday especially when it comes to tail lights. I think there may have been as many as 7 that were taken out. Of course, we hit the side of our bed and Synergy took out their hard top. Ara was giving it hell and tore off his rear EVO long arm brackets of which, we found that DCD, the shop who welded them on used RTV in places that they had a hard time reaching. Frickin ridiculous!!

Other than that, I’m happy to say all is well and everyone is having a great time. The obstacles are tough here for sure and if only because everything is so slick and requires a lot of skinny pedal and then there are tight trees everywhere just to kick things up a notch.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Let's see the pics of the damage on Ara's jeep. Let's confirm that were talking about the right shop doing the welding job.

He’s your customer. Ask him for them.

I call bs on the so call silicone job on the long arm brackets. Sound like someone is trying to point the finger to someone else! Lol

LOL - in spite of how you’d like to twist this, I simply can’t make this shit up. Of course, you don’t have to take my word for it. Ask any of the people who saw it for themselves including Chris Durham, a WELL TRUSTED individual in the industry and the guy who welding everything back up.

robx251

Caught the Bug
He’s your customer. Ask him for them.

LOL - in spite of how you’d like to twist this, I simply can’t make this shit up. Of course, you don’t have to take my word for it. Ask any of the people who saw it for themselves including Chris Durham, a WELL TRUSTED individual in the industry and the guy who welding everything back up.

Sounds like the right way to go about it. I too was interested in the photos of the a fore mentioned bracket just because it was so unbelievable, hell I wanted to see the dimes layed down out of silicone. Did you guys check the rest of the mounts welded on too?

I hope that the rest of the trip goes off with out a hitch.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Although what happened is downright scary, I find pleasure in the fact that DCD’s actions were witnessed firsthand by the group of people who happened to be on this JL/JT experience. There isn’t a lot of recovery from that kind of shot.

Although what happened is downright scary, I find pleasure in the fact that DCD’s actions were witnessed firsthand by the group of people who happened to be on this JL/JT experience. There isn’t a lot of recovery from that kind of shot.

Yep.
What absolutely kills me is the fact this Dan guy comes in here trying to call Eddie dishonest. How about OWNING IT, admit to the mistakes and offer a solution. Is it so damn hard to do the right thing? FFS
DVD or whatever they are called screwed up. Plain and simple. To come here and attempt to save face by continuing down the path THEY created by lying says all you need to know about their business.

rmccown

How simple is it to say "We'd like to get to the bottom of this, since that's not how we do business. We'd like to inspect it as soon as possible, and if someone screwed up, we want to find out"

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
How simple is it to say "We'd like to get to the bottom of this, since that's not how we do business. We'd like to inspect it as soon as possible, and if someone screwed up, we want to find out"

That would be great but then that would require integrity ... something sorely lacking these days

TrailHunter

Hooked
Maybe DCD will step up, apologize, take responsibility, discipline the installers, and make things right for the customer(s) who received incomplete welds....... or not.

highoctane

Caught the Bug

2 posts here and they are both defending DCD. Do you work for them or something? What agenda would anyone here have that would make them create a fake story to slam DCD? What gain is there?

This latest development by “Dan”, who obviously works for DCD, reinforces my previous comment stating DCD’s work is the equivalent of sledge hammered dog shit.

Isn’t DCD in the LA area? I can think of another shop not far away in Fullerton run by a guy who’s parts and welding are Well Made.

EDIT: Looks like some people beat me to it. Slow internet here in Trashcanistan, all the latest posts didn’t load until my reply posted.

Last edited:

longarmwj

2 posts here and they are both defending DCD. Do you work for them or something? What agenda would anyone here have that would make them create a fake story to slam DCD? What gain is there?

This latest development by “Dan”, who obviously works for DCD, reinforces my previous comment stating DCD’s work is the equivalent of sledge hammered dog shit.

Isn’t DCD in the LA area? I can think of another shop not far away in Fullerton run by a guy who’s work parts and welding is Well Made.

EDIT: Looks like some people beat me to it. Slow internet here in Trashcanistan, all the latest posts didn’t load until my reply posted.

Hey better late then never lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

Isn’t DCD in the LA area? I can think of another shop not far away in Fullerton run by a guy who’s work parts and welding is Well Made.

“Well Made” I like that!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Maybe DCD will step up, apologize, take responsibility, discipline the installers, and make things right for the customer(s) who received incomplete welds....... or not.

Nope, he will go on a social media blitz in which he claims Eddie and his minions make stuff up.

Dan09:13

Nope, he will go on a social media blitz in which he claims Eddie and his minions make stuff up.

DCD is open from 9am-6pm Monday-Friday and 10am-4pm Saturday. DCD would take care of any issue without hesitation. And if they haven't yet it's because no one was notified of it or neither were they aware of it. In my opinion, the best thing to do in a situation like this is notify the shop that you had your work done at asap. A shop that backs up their work would get on top of it and take care of things and whatever tech that would do a job like that, wouldn't be working at that shop any longer right after something like that gets discovered.

And for everyone else that gets all hot and bothered over a simple comment, sit down and relax. No one was bashed, or talked trash about anyone. So how about you guys drink a beer and let's let DCD take care of this issue if that's what needs to be done.

DCD is open from 9am-6pm Monday-Friday and 10am-4pm Saturday. DCD would take care of any issue without hesitation. And if they haven't yet it's because no one was notified of it or neither were they aware of it. In my opinion, the best thing to do in a situation like this is notify the shop that you had your work done at asap. A shop that backs up their work would get on top of it and take care of things and whatever tech that would do a job like that, wouldn't be working at that shop any longer right after something like that gets discovered.

And for everyone else that gets all hot and bothered over a simple comment, sit down and relax. No one was bashed, or talked trash about anyone. So how about you guys drink a beer and let's let DCD take care of this issue if that's what needs to be done.

P.S. and as for supposedly calling Eddie dishonest, not once was his name mention or anyone else's.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Yeah that’s all fine and dandy but DCD is in Los Angeles. This dude is in fucking Maine. They should have done it correctly the first time. I wouldn’t go back. Clearly they don’t know what they are doing.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom