What problems does your Jeep have this week?

jeeeep

Hooked
These are the new Dynatrac 60 hubs with the all new “rusty grease”

View attachment 336304
View attachment 336305
View attachment 336306

Guess I know where my chirp was coming from.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

damn, those look like they were never packed with grease :doh:

I just got done removing rust from some parts that were rusted pretty bad.

Beadlock bolts soaked in WD_40 Rust Remover, let them sit for 24 hours, rinse and soaked them again in clean fluid, came out great.

Sprayed them with WD-40 Rust inhibitor - supposed to be good for a couple of years

boltsB4_After.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
damn, those look like they were never packed with grease :doh:

I just got done removing rust from some parts that were rusted pretty bad.

Beadlock bolts soaked in WD_40 Rust Remover, let them sit for 24 hours, rinse and soaked them again in clean fluid, came out great.

Sprayed them with WD-40 Rust inhibitor - supposed to be good for a couple of years

View attachment 336322

I have no idea if they were or weren’t. They will be now though.

Those look good. I use this stuff and it works great!

IMG_0299.JPG

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
i wonder how that would work on my Chamber Pros...trying to restore them to polished before I give up and powder coat them

No idea. It pulls rust and grease and crap off anything. I’ll post some pictures later when I pull the hub parts out. I used it on parts from the DJ that were original and it worked great.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The cleaner is doing work. I’ll let them soak over night to get all the shit off and clean them tomorrow.
IMG_8602.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

CalSgt

Hooked
i wonder how that would work on my Chamber Pros...trying to restore them to polished before I give up and powder coat them

Strong degreasers will usually fuck off bare aluminum.

You would be better off getting products specifically for cleaning aluminum, wheel cleaner for the brake dust & polish after. If their super greasy a mild solvent or even gas would do less damage than a degreaser. A 3M scotch bright pad is great for getting the inner half to look new again so long as its not painted.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

You would be better off getting products specifically for cleaning aluminum, wheel cleaner for the brake dust & polish after. If their super greasy a mild solvent or even gas would do less damage than a degreaser. A 3M scotch bright pad is great for getting the inner half to look new again so long as its not painted.

The grim reaper stuff is okay to use on aluminum I believe.

Jaybird 11

Caught the Bug
I use Zepalume acid on my tanker truck. The wheels and the tank. Then polish with mothers or white diamond polish. I use corn starch sprinkled on a micro fiber cloth to take off the polish.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked

I've tried a lot of aluminum specific cleaners and they don't seem to do much after spending several hours on a wheel.

I use Zepalume acid on my tanker truck. The wheels and the tank. Then polish with mothers or white diamond polish. I use corn starch sprinkled on a micro fiber cloth to take off the polish.

might need to give this and grime reaper a try.

This is the worst wheel but they all look pretty similar:

stainedATX.jpg

Jaybird 11

Caught the Bug
I've tried a lot of aluminum specific cleaners and they don't seem to do much after spending several hours on a wheel.

View attachment 336378
Just dont use to much acid it will etch the wheels. I usually cut it with water 50/50 before i put it on the wheels. The finer the mist you can spray the better.

CalSgt

Hooked

View attachment 336378

Those do look pretty jacked up. Chemical guys has a product that looks interesting, its supposed to remove iron contamination from wheels. Its called "Decon Pro", might be worth a try.

If all else fails you could wet sand them with some 600-1000 grit sandpaper & follow with aluminum polish.

ETA: A 3M Scotchbrite pad would give them a brushed finish & be way less work

Top Bottom