What problems does your Jeep have this week?

AgBass01

Caught the Bug
Stupid Amazon....well I guess BAM Wholesale Parts actually. I ordered 68105583AF that should have orange o rings for a '14 or newer jeep. They sent me 68105583AE with black o rings for an older model. How hard is it to read a part number?

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Still have a security light problem on my dash. The security light won’t stop blinking. The Jeep starts up and drives fine just can’t get the annoying light to stop blinking. I’ve removed the fuse and put a new one in and still the same thing. Anyone know what’s going on? I should also say that it came about after my battery in my Jeep was completely dead.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
Still have a security light problem on my dash. The security light won’t stop blinking. The Jeep starts up and drives fine just can’t get the annoying light to stop blinking. I’ve removed the fuse and put a new one in and still the same thing. Anyone know what’s going on? I should also say that it came about after my battery in my Jeep was completely dead.

Had a co-worker same problem and his battery cable was loose

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

JKbrick

My 09 was a perfect Jeep till I changed the battery this summer only because I had won a new one. It was the first time the original battery had been disconnected and had never gone dead. Now my TIPM is all F’ed up and the guy I talked to that rebuilds them said to put a trickle charger on the wires while changing the battery in the “newer” Jeeps

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug

Same light popped up on me a while back. Then finally about two months ago left me stranded. I’m not sure if the chip inside the key fucked up by a magnet. Or if my key was soo worn out that it thought I was trying to steal the Jeep. Right before it didn’t start up anymore, it would turn on, and immediately shut off. It would do it about 7 times then let me keep it on. But the time it left me stranded, it wouldn’t crank or anything. Bought a new key and fixed it right away, no more blinking red light.

Jkratt

No major problems yet. I recently installed a new lift, prorock 44 trail leader package for my 37's. Since I couldn't get quick disconnects to install right I went with the Currie Anti-rock up front. The arms hit the mounts for the radiator welded on the frame. Time for the cut-off wheel and fix that.

JYough

Jeep left my wife and 2 kids on the side of the road yesterday. Took it to the dealership because we’re pretty good friends with them and come to find out it was a fuel pump relay that shorted out. Easy fix and good to go!

JKbrick

Jeep left my wife and 2 kids on the side of the road yesterday. Took it to the dealership because we’re pretty good friends with them and come to find out it was a fuel pump relay that shorted out. Easy fix and good to go!

Do you carry a fire extinguisher? The words fuel and shorted out in the same sentence are unsettling

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Here is a weird one. Was on John Bull trail today . Rig was running fine . In the middle of a hill climb in 4lo all of a sudden lost all power and made a weird noise . Lockers were flashing and not engaging . Took a few different lines and moved up 20 feet .. then on a steep part couldn’t move forward . Realized engine was in limp mode and wouldn’t go past 1500 rpm . Shifted into 4 hi and got power back .. but wouldn’t shift back into 4 lo . Got strapped to a flat spot and turned Jeep off and back on . Back into 4 lo and had no issues for the rest of the trail . Drove home with no issues and no engine lights . Any ideas what could have caused this ? Need to take it to dealer to check codes ?

rubiDave

Here is a weird one. Was on John Bull trail today . Rig was running fine . In the middle of a hill climb in 4lo all of a sudden lost all power and made a weird noise . Lockers were flashing and not engaging . Took a few different lines and moved up 20 feet .. then on a steep part couldn’t move forward . Realized engine was in limp mode and wouldn’t go past 1500 rpm . Shifted into 4 hi and got power back .. but wouldn’t shift back into 4 lo . Got strapped to a flat spot and turned Jeep off and back on . Back into 4 lo and had no issues for the rest of the trail . Drove home with no issues and no engine lights . Any ideas what could have caused this ? Need to take it to dealer to check codes ?

Transfer case position sensor? Don't you have a code reader? Thought you had the jscan app. It will read/reset codes as well as show the transfer case position.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

One of my bushings broke on the window wiper control arm, ordered a whole control arm without a motor, took me a while to figure out the correct position for them to be in (wish instructions were provided, thanks Amazon).
After picking up my sister on Monday from school, went to UPS to return an item, parked my Jeep on slight up hill, and left it running. Come back, my Transmission cable linkage broke, aka bushing. I got it zip tied, placed an order for new one. I feel like... bushings is a common problem, maybe for me at least. I can't enjoy my Jeep going off road/leaving it parked without something breaking. But, I love my Jeep, and enjoy learning new things about it.

naysjp

Caught the Bug
There is a squeak that is driving me up a damn wall. The rear brakes/rotars were replaced. No more grinding. The front were fine. I can't for the life of me figure out what that squeak is. I was able to have a friend put the Jeep on a dyno but no sounds so that cancels out the rear tires. It must be the front but I don't know if it's the suspension OR if it's rotational.

There is a squeak that is driving me up a damn wall. The rear brakes/rotars were replaced. No more grinding. The front were fine. I can't for the life of me figure out what that squeak is. I was able to have a friend put the Jeep on a dyno but no sounds so that cancels out the rear tires. It must be the front but I don't know if it's the suspension OR if it's rotational.

What direction is it coming from? I got one too, that's slightly appearing when I go super slow, but I think it's my window seals rubbing against something, will check tomorrow.

Last edited:

naysjp

Caught the Bug
10 mph I can hear it on surface streets. I was driving down my street and couldn't hear the noise driving south bound but turn around and drive north bound and I hear the squeak. I call BS as the noise then changes direction and I hear it when driving. I don't hear the noise during braking or when I am at a complete stop. Sounds like front riverside but not sure. Had two people stand on each side of the Jeep while I drove past them to see which side sounded the loudest. I'm sick of it and don't know how to find it.

Top Bottom