Who is willing to pay 20K markup for a Gladiator?

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
We've done several road trips with the JKU with 3 kids fully loaded with fridge, gear, etc. It can definitely be done. The truck will be even better I think.

I wonder if the back seat will need the recliner spacers installed? I know my kids appreciated it when I installed them on my JKU.

WJCO

Meme King
I wonder if the back seat will need the recliner spacers installed? I know my kids appreciated it when I installed them on my JKU.

You won’t be able to. The seats are not mounted to the floor I don’t think and the backs are already against the tub.

I would hope after 10 years, the JT engineers got the memo on that flaw prior to design and release. We shall see.

jesse3638

Hooked
Could you imagine putting 40k down just to lose it driving it off the lot..lol

Talking like he knows the industry...haha

Purchasing any new vehicle is a really poor investment. This mark-up is just stupid, but yes some sucker will pay it. After purchasing our used Durango (my first used vehicle) 2 years ago I'd definitely go this route in the future. Yes they are a bit worn and have imperfections but it also saved me close to 25k on what it would have costed me new. I will get a JL, but it won't be for at least another 4 years so the used market should be pretty good by then. I'm curious to see what kind of value it holds.

Exodus 4x4

Purchasing any new vehicle is a really poor investment. This mark-up is just stupid, but yes some sucker will pay it. After purchasing our used Durango (my first used vehicle) 2 years ago I'd definitely go this route in the future. Yes they are a bit worn and have imperfections but it also saved me close to 25k on what it would have costed me new. I will get a JL, but it won't be for at least another 4 years so the used market should be pretty good by then. I'm curious to see what kind of value it holds.

Buying anything new is always risky and not the best choice financially. If we didn’t own a shop and stand to gain some benefit from being one of the fist to have one, we’d definitely wait. I feel that this will be bringing in a whole new market of Jeep owners though and we need to be a part of that now.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
Buying anything new is always risky and not the best choice financially. If we didn’t own a shop and stand to gain some benefit from being one of the fist to have one, we’d definitely wait. I feel that this will be bringing in a whole new market of Jeep owners though and we need to be a part of that now.

Yeah from a business standpoint you are completely right. For you it means weather or not you can be a leg up on the competition. Though they may be expensive it's an investment for you..;)

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

Fuck it. I’m buying a new one.

fiend

Caught the Bug

Plus you get to expense it for tax purposes. whereas ordinary buyers do not. [emoji6]

Gtb

For me it’s more about a dealer being greedy. Very short sided. Many buyers like myself will go there to look or buy and get so turned off that they will purchase from another dealer. ( for life) Amazing the dealer doesn’t realize it.

Braxtonsag

I looked into buying one a few weeks ago but the dealer was being greedy and wanted me to pay too much. Ended up just deciding to keep the jk and waiting a year till they actually start putting diesels in them. A gladiator would fit my lifestyle and do the type of trails I enjoy perfectly. Love my jk but really need a good tow vehicle that can travel cross country and handle its own off the beaten path

TonyT

Caught the Bug
In my opinion, it's just a page out of the tactics that exotic vehicles started. It gives the staff a chance to negotiate the sell of the Gladiator to a local buyer first. Or, make some serious profit on a unit they may never see around again.

I think there are far worse marketing and sales tactics going on in today's scene.

Top Bottom