Smoking Meat -- Tips, Opinions, Recipes

benatc1

Hooked
Yes. It should feel like going into a stick of room temp butter. Probe, fork, knife whatever you want but should feel like cutting room temp butter.

And I wouldn’t try and go without wrapping on your first one. You’ll probably never make another. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ok cool, yea I'll definitely wrap, maybe someday I'll take the long journey of no wrapping but certainly not this time lol

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

mijku

Just ordered some devil coal. Hopefully it gets here before the weekend to give it a try.

To add to the brisket talk, i have had good luck with the pink butcher paper wrap. Also adding a tooth pick in the same direction as the grain so there is no guessing when time to slice.

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Angry Aussie

Just bought a brisket, will be my first one, hopefully doing this weekend. Any tips out there?

I’ve got plenty for you.

1. Find a good brisket trimming video online and watch it. I’d recommend find one from Arron Franklin from Franklins BBQ.

2. Use a couple of temp probes to monitor internal temps.

3. Salt and Pepper is all you need for your dry rub. Brisket has so much flavor on its own it doesn’t need any help flavor wise.

4. I wouldn’t smoke at any temp higher than 250.

5. You can wrap it in butcher paper when the internal temp reaches 170 to assure it doesn’t dry out on you.

6. Cook to internal temp reaches 205 and let it rest for at least an hour once you pull it off. You can let it sit in the oven or a cooler for its resting period.

7. Watch a slicing video online, you don’t slice it the same way for the whole brisket. Half of it you slice one way and the other half you slice it the other way.

8. Finally have patience, it’s done when it’s done.

Hit me up if you have any questions. Happy to help however I can.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Does anyone have a homemade bbq sauce recipe they’d be willing to share? Tried a few recipes I found online and was not impressed.

benatc1

Hooked
I’ve got plenty for you.

1. Find a good brisket trimming video online and watch it. I’d recommend find one from Arron Franklin from Franklins BBQ.

2. Use a couple of temp probes to monitor internal temps.

3. Salt and Pepper is all you need for your dry rub. Brisket has so much flavor on its own it doesn’t need any help flavor wise.

4. I wouldn’t smoke at any temp higher than 250.

5. You can wrap it in butcher paper when the internal temp reaches 170 to assure it doesn’t dry out on you.

6. Cook to internal temp reaches 205 and let it rest for at least an hour once you pull it off. You can let it sit in the oven or a cooler for its resting period.

7. Watch a slicing video online, you don’t slice it the same way for the whole brisket. Half of it you slice one way and the other half you slice it the other way.

8. Finally have patience, it’s done when it’s done.

Hit me up if you have any questions. Happy to help however I can.

Sorry just saw this, thanks for the info, going to give it a go this weekend

Brute

Hooked
Does anyone have a homemade bbq sauce recipe they’d be willing to share? Tried a few recipes I found online and was not impressed.

Attachments

• 5263999E-12ED-4232-8F3F-265F0E537CE2.jpg
    5263999E-12ED-4232-8F3F-265F0E537CE2.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 102
Top Bottom