37" tire width... 12.5 or 13.5?

But didn't he also have switch to Nittos because those were all that Mel had? Nittos are notorious for a radial pull so comparison might not be applicable...

You are correct and the radial pull is an issue but more so once they start to wear a bit. I think while they are new they will be a good data point.

jesse3638

Hooked
I'd say it has more to do with tread pattern and/or wear pattern. I know it may not be the same comparison but we recently changed the front tires on our fire engine from an aggressive cupped tire to a less aggressive (still open shoulder design) and it tracked so much better and did not grab nearly as much.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I’d hit Eddie up. He recently went from a 13.50 to a 12.50 on their JL. I’m willing to bet that even though it’s only been a couple weeks he’ll have some data for you.

Good idea! Thanks

But didn't he also have switch to Nittos because those were all that Mel had? Nittos are notorious for a radial pull so comparison might not be applicable...

Well, that and they should completely changed their suspension so it’s going to handle. But he has run a myriad of tires so I’m sure he’ll have some sort of input.

I'd say it has more to do with tread pattern and/or wear pattern. I know it may not be the same comparison but we recently changed the front tires on our fire engine from an aggressive cupped tire to a less aggressive (still open shoulder design) and it tracked so much better and did not grab nearly as much.

Still a great observation and good bit of info. Unfortunately I have been doing tenfold highway over dirt lately so it’s looking like my next set will be Ridge Grapplers. Hopefully that will make a big difference alone

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom