REVERE THE STEER - Rubicat Going Wide with 72.5" Dynatrac XD60 / PRO 1550 Front Axle

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well duh! You mall crawlers always use the stock stuff cause oem isn’t good enough:rock:

Thanks Eddie! That saves me some dough!

Just make sure to get a 2007-10 JK track bar or an aftermarket OE replacement like the kind that Crown makes. The newer JK track bars are a lot more expensive and not as good being that the frame side has a spherical joint with plastic components rather than an old school clevite bushing.

WJCO

Meme King
Well duh! You mall crawlers always use the stock stuff cause oem isn’t good enough:rock:

Thanks Eddie! That saves me some dough!

If you look around on eBay. We just got a Mopar one about a month ago from a dealer that had like 10 new ones for 50 bucks each. They were all take offs from new vehicles (I assumed they were putting lift kits on the Jeeps on the lot with aftermarket track bars). Anyways, can't beat the price if they're still available.

Deacon

Very informative thread. Question as I posted in a thread awhile back. Recently installed the PR 60 Hardcore axle set with 37 x 12.5 Nittos with KMC Machete's 17 x 9 with 3.5 BS (Machete's have an older style in 4.75 BS also) , anyway I don't like the extra wide width and my lower ball joints are way out there.

So KMC has a new Beadlock coming out that I've ordered that's 17 x 8.5 with 4.75 BS (0 offset), not sure how the 17X9 vs 17 x 8.5 will change the stance , but am I to assume I will decrease the width by 2.5 " and does the 8.5 vs 9 have any effect ?

Just throwing out my specs for reference
Jeep prior to axle swap measured lug to lug at 77.5" with 315/70 17 X 9 with 4.53 BS
Now with the PR 60/60 measures 82.5" with 37 x 12.5 with 17 x 9 with 3.5 BS

Attempting to decrease my turn radius, protect the lower ball joints, plus like the stance the Dynatrac jeep has on page one, Banging jeep Eddie has but I voted tucked in the other thread.

Any input from others with the Dynatrac 60 axles?

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Was wondering. I may of missed it if someone asked. Are you running spacers in the rear to match the front width?

Buster3479

What's the name of the new Beadlock? When I had 37's on the hardcore package, 4.56" bs Hutchinsons was about perfect. Full articulation and no rubbing lock to lock when cycled without the springs in. There was still a bit of clearance at the frame too. While it's different, I imagine 4.75" will be about perfect, narrow, tucked, but still aggressive.

Very informative thread. Question as I posted in a thread awhile back. Recently installed the PR 60 Hardcore axle set with 37 x 12.5 Nittos with KMC Machete's 17 x 9 with 3.5 BS (Machete's have an older style in 4.75 BS also) , anyway I don't like the extra wide width and my lower ball joints are way out there.

So KMC has a new Beadlock coming out that I've ordered that's 17 x 8.5 with 4.75 BS (0 offset), not sure how the 17X9 vs 17 x 8.5 will change the stance , but am I to assume I will decrease the width by 2.5 " and does the 8.5 vs 9 have any effect ?

Just throwing out my specs for reference
Jeep prior to axle swap measured lug to lug at 77.5" with 315/70 17 X 9 with 4.53 BS
Now with the PR 60/60 measures 82.5" with 37 x 12.5 with 17 x 9 with 3.5 BS

Attempting to decrease my turn radius, protect the lower ball joints, plus like the stance the Dynatrac jeep has on page one, Banging jeep Eddie has but I voted tucked in the other thread.

Any input from others with the Dynatrac 60 axles?

Deacon

What's the name of the new Beadlock? When I had 37's on the hardcore package, 4.56" bs Hutchinsons was about perfect. Full articulation and no rubbing lock to lock when cycled without the springs in. There was still a bit of clearance at the frame too. While it's different, I imagine 4.75" will be about perfect, narrow, tucked, but still aggressive.

Appreciate the feedback. New Beadlock is the KMC XD231 17 x 8.5 with 4.75 BS. Comes in machined and black, ordered a few weeks back but website now shows as shipping, Local speed shop doesn't charge me shipping or tax if it's a cash tansaction, so hoping to get in the next few weeks.
Be putting up a few pics showing comparison pics. Of course now I have to resell a like new set of beadlocks in a not so common 8x6.5 bolt pattern.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I know it's been answered already but yes, we recycled Rubicat's old ProRock 60 rear axle and made it wider too.

preeb

Locking Hub location

Just pulled the trigger on the XD60/80 in 72.5 width. Running dtd and 40's.
For those of you who run the same width with 5.5 Backspace wheels, do you have any issues with the locking hub position being so far out?
I love the scrub radius and the way the knuckles and BJ's are tucked in the wheel but wouldn't like to risk breaking the locking hub on a rock.

Top Bottom