What's your view like at work?

Some people around here use all white but it’s how I differentiate well water or unsoftened/not treated water. It’s easier to keep track of the colors for me

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I was curious about that as well, when we had some work done over summer they used all the white/ clear stuff. When the house has all Red/blue, Thought it was a different kind of pipe, is it the same pex then just white?

JKbrick

I was curious about that as well, when we had some work done over summer they used all the white/ clear stuff. When the house has all Red/blue, Thought it was a different kind of pipe, is it the same pex then just white?

Probably, regular pex uses fittings that go inside the pipe but the od of the fitting is the id of the pipe then some type of crimp ring is used, but that restricts the flow. On a normal home that’s not a big deal. The pipe in my picture is cold expansion pex, which the id of the fitting is the same id as the pipe, uses a pex “crimp” ring, and is not flow restrictive. You put the ring on, expand the pipe and the ring from the inside, put the fitting in it then it shrinks back around the fitting.

black pearl

Hooked
Those axles are insane, I’ve always wondered what it would be like having those axles and steering components under my Jeep.

What’s wrong with it?

I’ve had that same thought!! Silly low gearing.

It blew a break seal. So it filled the differential with hydraulic fluid. The break system is inside the axel.

jesse3638

Hooked
Probably, regular pex uses fittings that go inside the pipe but the od of the fitting is the id of the pipe then some type of crimp ring is used, but that restricts the flow. On a normal home that’s not a big deal. The pipe in my picture is cold expansion pex, which the id of the fitting is the same id as the pipe, uses a pex “crimp” ring, and is not flow restrictive. You put the ring on, expand the pipe and the ring from the inside, put the fitting in it then it shrinks back around the fitting.

My father-in-law owns a plumbing company and showed me this last year when he helped me reroute some waterlines so I could lower my high top bar wall. Its pretty slick how it works. Sucks you have to buy the expanding tool and it only does that.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

My father-in-law owns a plumbing company and showed me this last year when he helped me reroute some waterlines so I could lower my high top bar wall. Its pretty slick how it works. Sucks you have to buy the expanding tool and it only does that.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Did he show you how the pipe fixes itself if you kink it? It is a bummer about the tools, my 12v only do up to 1”, and we can do up to 1 1/2” with the 18v, luckily our local supply house has the tool for 2” and lets everyone use it. They make 3” now and I believe 4” even. At least with pro press you can do copper, stainless, and steel with mega press jaws in that tool

Kuboske

Did he show you how the pipe fixes itself if you kink it? It is a bummer about the tools, my 12v only do up to 1”, and we can do up to 1 1/2” with the 18v, luckily our local supply house has the tool for 2” and lets everyone use it. They make 3” now and I believe 4” even. At least with pro press you can do copper, stainless, and steel with mega press jaws in that tool

I'm getting ready to re-plumb my house with pex. Trying to learn about it. Seems pretty simple, but noticed there are copper clamp rings, stainless, crimp rings, and stainless clamp sleeves. What do you prefer, other than the expandable type?
My geo-thermal guys, liked the stainless crimp rings and used a one handed ratchet type, crimper. Since they started with that, I figured I would do the same. What say you?

JKbrick

I'm getting ready to re-plumb my house with pex. Trying to learn about it. Seems pretty simple, but noticed there are copper clamp rings, stainless, crimp rings, and stainless clamp sleeves. What do you prefer, other than the expandable type?
My geo-thermal guys, liked the stainless crimp rings and used a one handed ratchet type, crimper. Since they started with that, I figured I would do the same. What say you?

I carry the stainless in my truck only because 1 tool crimps all sizes so for a homeowner doing your own house you’d only need to purchase 1 crimper. But the ss rings cost more too. All my trucks have multiple crimpers and carry copper crimp rings. I can send you my crimper to use if you don’t want to buy one.

Kuboske

I carry the stainless in my truck only because 1 tool crimps all sizes so for a homeowner doing your own house you’d only need to purchase 1 crimper. But the ss rings cost more too. All my trucks have multiple crimpers and carry copper crimp rings. I can send you my crimper to use if you don’t want to buy one.

That's probably why the HVAC guys were using stainless. Also, it seems like they could get up between floor joists easy with their one handed ratchet style crimper. I'll probably just go ahead and buy one. Or maybe use some Menards rebate coupons to get one.
Thanks for the generous offer to loan. This will probably be a little at a time, project.

That's probably why the HVAC guys were using stainless. Also, it seems like they could get up between floor joists easy with their one handed ratchet style crimper. I'll probably just go ahead and buy one. Or maybe use some Menards rebate coupons to get one.
Thanks for the generous offer to loan. This will probably be a little at a time, project.

I used the bolt cutter style crimper from Home Depot for like $80 and copper rings. Worked great, but had a helllll of a time getting a few fittings crimped between joists and where a bunch of other shit was ran in the way of squeezing the handles together. Did it eventually but a one handed tool sounds great.

Thanks for the explanation brick, makes more sense.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom