Firefighter and Law Enforcement Wayalifers! The Official Public safety Wayalife thread

Warebear

I was a firefighter/emt before I joined the navy. I can't wait till I can go back to it, but here is what I missed out on last night.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427679221.886566.jpg

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
I've watched "Burn" several times.......I've got nothing but respect for Detroit Fire........Keep fighting the good fight and stay safe out there brother.

~Woodrow~

bdavid

I've watched "Burn" several times.......I've got nothing but respect for Detroit Fire........Keep fighting the good fight and stay safe out there brother.

~Woodrow~

Thank you Brother.............. The best Damn job period. When I get some time I will post up some pics.. Be safe to all FIRST RESPONDERS...

Napalm

Thank you Brother.............. The best Damn job period. When I get some time I will post up some pics.. Be safe to all FIRST RESPONDERS...

Would love to see some shared pictures from a Detroit fireman. Awesome!!

I've also seen the movie quite a lot, as well as all the men in my house. Nothing for respect for you guys.

Rubizon

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427686904.483330.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427687102.295974.jpg
Been an EMT now for a couple years now I am in the middle of my paramedic internship. Also been a volunteer firefighter for a year n a half. One of those pics was my first car fire and the other is a part of the district we cover.

Napalm

Pretty cool piece of Fire History here.
Paris(tx)'s first central station 1, now converted into the city council hall.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427717853.615246.jpg

Jackal01

http://abc30.com/news/firefighter-falls-through-roof-of-burning-fresno-home/585160/

(armchair quarterback time) From what I see that captain should not have been on that roof. 100% defensive fire. The conditions inside are not tenable for life, and the smoke and fire damage is not worth risking a single life. Command seemingly did not know what they were doing and the captain should have known better. This is why reading smoke is invaluable. The smoke was just screaming that it was about to flash if a breath of O2 was introduced. Prayers to the Captain.

Last edited:

Napalm

http://abc30.com/news/firefighter-falls-through-roof-of-burning-fresno-home/585160/

(armchair quarterback time) From what I see that captain should not have been on that roof. 100% defensive fire. The conditions inside are not tenable for life, and the smoke and fire damage is not worth risking a single life. Command seemingly did not know what they were doing and the captain should have known better. This is why reading smoke is invaluable. The smoke was just screaming that it was about to flash if a breath of O2 was introduced. Prayers to the Captain.

Agree Jackal. We talked about this first thing this morning sitting around the firehouse table. The Bat chief appeared to be walking around the house and acted like everything was okay.

Glad he's okay though. That could have easily killed him!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
The firefighter is in critical condition according to the local news this morning. He's burned really bad obviously.

Johnlmt33

What do you call a guy who failed the police academy... a firefighter! HaHa Just kidding, got to get my ribbing in when I can. A detective being married to a fire dept. based Medic and having a twin brother who is a firefighter, you could probably understand.
1383318015509.jpg
Here is my son visiting my brother at E-62 PFD.
1383318701253.jpg
Here is a shot of the old Sta. 51 from TV show "Emergency" for you young ones that was in the 70's.
ff cop.jpg

Napalm

What do you call a guy who failed the police academy... a firefighter! HaHa Just kidding, got to get my ribbing in when I can. A detective being married to a fire dept. based Medic and having a twin brother who is a firefighter, you could probably understand.
View attachment 134220
Here is my son visiting my brother at E-62 PFD.
View attachment 134221
Here is a shot of the old Sta. 51 from TV show "Emergency" for you young ones that was in the 70's.
View attachment 134222

Awesome!!!! Great pictures

MarkW13

I'll leave criticism aside. This happened 60 miles from my house. As a fire officer in the central valley of california, I will tell you that we do this every day. I know it may seem crazy, and I agree the smoke did paint a clear picture, but every house fire I respond to has light weight trusses with fire in the attic. We send a crew to the roof, 3 minutes later they are back on the ground.

Mistakes happen and I hope we can all learn from them. One common denominator with another similar local fire is the fact that they were operating over the garage. My department is strongly considering no operations directly over garages. Residents commonly modify trusses or add storage to garages causing weakened structural conditions that can't withstand fire.

To my brothers in Fresno. We are all here for you in this time of great need.

Top Bottom