Firefighter and Law Enforcement Wayalifers! The Official Public safety Wayalife thread

Napalm

Been a vokunteer/paid staffing firefighter for 11 years, started when I was 18. Got my EMT a few years after that. I work as a Fire Marshal and ride up as our FD Fire Marshal when he is OOS. ith Certs in Inspection, Investigation and suppression. Currently finishing up the Blue Card Command class, for those that know about it. I absolutely love preventing fires (whilst keeping my brothers and sisters safe) but I also love fighting it. Soon will be going back to a police academy to get my pops cert again so I can be an Arson Investigator. I can't see doing anything else. A few pics.

The misses, Zero and I last weekend before a parade.
View attachment 133038
On the end
View attachment 133039

I was waiting for you to chime in, Jackal!

Great to see this thread taking off. Thankful for the brothers I have in Firefighting and also in Jeeping and it's nice to have a place to share pictures and stories.

From rookie Fireman(like myself) to experienced firemen like you guys!

And don't forget all you Paramedics!

ArmyofMike

I was waiting for you to chime in, Jackal!

Great to see this thread taking off. Thankful for the brothers I have in Firefighting and also in Jeeping and it's nice to have a place to share pictures and stories.

From rookie Fireman(like myself) to experienced firemen like you guys!

And don't forget all you Paramedics!

I agree! Thanks much to all the EMS/Medics/Fire/LE and First Responders. You all do great deeds and many times go unnoticed (humility is a good thing). I can say, I enjoy working with public services individuals, but I'm a volunteer and can often sleep in my own bed (or tent) at night. You all do some sacrificial work! Thank you!

Napalm

I agree! Thanks much to all the EMS/Medics/Fire/LE and First Responders. You all do great deeds and many times go unnoticed (humility is a good thing). I can say, I enjoy working with public services individuals, but I'm a volunteer and can often sleep in my own bed (or tent) at night. You all do some sacrificial work! Thank you!

As to you sir, Thank you.

Napalm

As some of you know, I'll be getting married in the next week and a half, this ended up being in our engagement pictures.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427240342.156186.jpg

jesse3638

Hooked
I'm Jesse
Engine Captain with the BLM
Interagency with the Park Service
In the newly formed California Desert Interagency Fire Program (Formerly California Desert District-BLM only)

Patiently waiting for Chris's cop love of firefighters..;)

10frank9

Web Wheeler
This thread has the potential to be the gheyest thread on here.
Touchy feely, warm and cuddly fire house stories.

View attachment 133001 .

My contribution:

police-officers-police-fire-demotivational-posters-1321688565.jpg

The thing of it is, everyone LOVES firefighters.

If Police Officers had a thread it would get trashed and people would talk about how much they know about their rights and that they will NEVER roll their windows down to talk to the po-po. Oh wait.... :grayno:

JAGS

Hooked

If Police Officers had a thread it would get trashed and people would talk about how much they know about their rights and that they will NEVER roll their windows down to talk to the po-po. Oh wait.... :grayno:

Police officers need to wave to little kids more. And they need coats and armored helmets they can let kids try on for free. I mean when was the last time you saw a police officer let kids crawl all over a squad car? Firefighters are cool. It's all just a PR and Marketing problem. 👍😉

Napalm

Very cool thread.

Paramedic
Madison County EMS, Ky

Those are some awesome rigs! Quite a big system yall have! Well, compared to our 3 MICU city....

I'm Jesse
Engine Captain with the BLM
Interagency with the Park Service
In the newly formed California Desert Interagency Fire Program (Formerly California Desert District-BLM only)

Patiently waiting for Chris's cop love of firefighters..;)
Welcome Jessie! I hear fire hiring is tough as nails in Cali?

Unfortunately this is the truth, as much respect and gratitude I have for law officers, it's sad to see the blatant hate and disrespect thrown their way. They don't deserve it!

mackey

Police officers need to wave to little kids more. And they need coats and armored helmets they can let kids try on for free. I mean when was the last time you saw a police officer let kids crawl all over a squad car? Firefighters are cool. It's all just a PR and Marketing problem. 👍😉

Don't think it is just a PR problem. Example: Cops allow kids during the week to crawl in & out of their patrol car. Give them stickers and the kids have a blast. Weekend comes. Dad beats up mom. Firemen come in and help mom. Dad starts a fight with the cops, loses and goes to jail. Kids are mad at the cops. Stickers and waving to the kids won't change their feelings. I've seen it time and time again. Just the way it works out.

JAGS

Hooked
Don't think it is just a PR problem. Example: Cops allow kids during the week to crawl in & out of their patrol car. Give them stickers and the kids have a blast. Weekend comes. Dad beats up mom. Firemen come in and help mom. Dad starts a fight with the cops, loses and goes to jail. Kids are mad at the cops. Stickers and waving to the kids won't change their feelings. I've seen it time and time again. Just the way it works out.

You're right. Cops are dicks. And what the fuck is PR and Marketing anyways. 😉😂

mackey

You're right. Cops are dicks. And what the fuck is PR and Marketing anyways. 😉😂

Lol. I totally should have been a fireman. PR and marketing is way overrated. Saving cats stuck in trees. That's the stuff that legends are made of.

LeighP

I see some people with awesome jobs here in the Emergency Services. Very cool. :thumb:

Quick question for experienced firefighters.
On board fire equipment for a Jeep......being the aviation world, I have a preference for clean liquid extinguishers like Halguard units.
However, thinking about the most likely uses out in the bush, would carrying a couple of DCP extinguishers make more sense...even though they are filthy to clean up after?
Appreciate experienced input. Thanks.

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
Been a Volunteer Firefighter for 22 years, last 7 years as chief. Alabama Fire College certified.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427265141.782994.jpg
Engine 2 getting her yearly pump test.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427265298.729805.jpg
One of my favorite pics.
We are a 100% volunteer department with 30 members, with 2 Class A pumpers and 2 brush units.

Jackal01

I see some people with awesome jobs here in the Emergency Services. Very cool. :thumb:

Quick question for experienced firefighters.
On board fire equipment for a Jeep......being the aviation world, I have a preference for clean liquid extinguishers like Halguard units.
However, thinking about the most likely uses out in the bush, would carrying a couple of DCP extinguishers make more sense...even though they are filthy to clean up after?
Appreciate experienced input. Thanks.

Halguard is ABC so the only drawback to carrying them is the cost. If you can afford it I would carry a couple. Of course to put out a decent size engine fire you may try to carry a 5lb. You could carry a dry chem and plan to only use it on fires outside of the Jeep. I have a 2.5lb Halon under my seat, 5lb Halotron and 5lb dry chem in the back.

Napalm

Been a Volunteer Firefighter for 22 years, last 7 years as chief. Alabama Fire College certified.
View attachment 133164
Engine 2 getting her yearly pump test.
View attachment 133166
One of my favorite pics.
We are a 100% volunteer department with 30 members, with 2 Class A pumpers and 2 brush units.

Welcome, Chief. We have a similar sized department except paid and instead of two Brush units we have one and three frontline MICUs. As much as some of our FFs hate the ambulance, it's one of the main reasons our department is able to stay afloat and have decent equipment.

colo dean

Spent 24 1/2 yrs on the job, got hurt last year and now medically retired/disabled. Was the Support Services Chief / Fire Marshal. Liked being on the pipe, but really loved the prevention world. My favorite line..... Everything that becomes wet will dry out, but nothing unburns.

Stay safe my brothers and sisters!

Last edited:

LeighP

Halguard is ABC so the only drawback to carrying them is the cost. If you can afford it I would carry a couple. Of course to put out a decent size engine fire you may try to carry a 5lb. You could carry a dry chem and plan to only use it on fires outside of the Jeep. I have a 2.5lb Halon under my seat, 5lb Halotron and 5lb dry chem in the back.

Thanks. Combo sounds good. :)

Top Bottom