JL / JT Experience 2019 Mega Thread

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
A lot of carnage yesterday especially when it comes to tail lights. I think there may have been as many as 7 that were taken out. Of course, we hit the side of our bed and Synergy took out their hard top. Ara was giving it hell and tore off his rear EVO long arm brackets of which, we found that DCD, the shop who welded them on used RTV in places that they had a hard time reaching. Frickin ridiculous!!

Other than that, I’m happy to say all is well and everyone is having a great time. The obstacles are tough here for sure and if only because everything is so slick and requires a lot of skinny pedal and then there are tight trees everywhere just to kick things up a notch.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wjtstudios

Hooked
That is so scary to think they used RTV In place of a weld. If that would have let loose at speed, it could have been life threatening.

Other than the carnage, sounds like you guys are having a wild time!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

WJCO

Meme King
Ara was giving it hell and tore off his rear EVO long arm brackets of which, we found that DCD, the shop who welded them on used RTV in places that they had a hard time reaching. Frickin ridiculous!!

It's only 5am here, but .....

Dc-B809UQAAaF3F.jpg

Wow. Unbelievable.

It's going to be a long day.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you can believe it, they actually tried to create what looked like beads too. It was scary to see.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
A few more pics from yesterday.
final.jpg

There was a lot of WARNs doing a work out.
final.jpg

final.jpg

Theme of the day.
final.jpg

Did I mention the trees were really tight?
final.jpg

rmccown

A lot of carnage yesterday especially when it comes to tail lights. I think there may have been as many as 7 that were taken out. Of course, we hit the side of our bed and Synergy took out their hard top. Ara was giving it hell and tore off his rear EVO long arm brackets of which, we found that DCD, the shop who welded them on used RTV in places that they had a hard time reaching. Frickin ridiculous!!

That smells like a lawsuit to me.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There are 10k winches and then there are REAL 10,000 lb rated winches. I have to say that I am super unimpressed with the WARN VR 10s. While the one Mel has never gave out, it struggles to all hell to get anything done. Mel has even resorted to letting line out almost to the drum to give it the most pulling power and is still having to resort to using a snatch block to get it to do anything. All the other ZEON winches including 9.5s have been working great.

WJCO

Meme King
There are 10k winches and then there are REAL 10,000 lb rated winches. I have to say that I am super unimpressed with the WARN VR 10s. While the one Mel has never gave out, it struggles to all hell to get anything done. Mel has even resorted to letting line out almost to the drum to give it the most pulling power and is still having to resort to using a snatch block to get it to do anything. All the other ZEON winches including 9.5s have been working great.

Good feedback. Even with my Jeep weighing almost 6k, just my Zeon 8s has been flawless in many conditions. I've been wondering about the VR series though.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Other than that, I’m happy to say all is well and everyone is having a great time. The obstacles are tough here for sure and if only because everything is so slick and requires a lot of skinny pedal and then there are tight trees everywhere just to kick things up a notch.

Aren’t they the ones that were talking shot about evo on that engine swap thread for notching the coilover tower for the steering box? Pot meet kettle.

Exodus 4x4

That’s good to know. I wonder if the EVO series is just a stylistic change or if it’s the same weak internals just rebranded?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I’ve seen the DCD name around either on forums or social media. Sounds like their work is the equivalent of sledge hammered dog shit.

Top Bottom