JL / JT Experience 2019 Mega Thread

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
The 2019 JT/JL Experience is a run where owners and manufacturers figure out what works and what doesn’t. Thanks for putting your new rides on the line so we can learn.

The 2019 JT/JL Experience is a run where owners and manufacturers figure out what works and what doesn’t. Thanks for putting your new rides on the line so we can learn.

This^^^ well said. People in the off-road community often forget that these events, while a lot of fun are also a big T&E for manufacturers to grow and improve.

I too run a VR10s and while it’s worked great in terms of always working, its slow and I’ve had to get creative with some pulls because it is underpowered. It’s also a good place to expose shitty craftsmanship and fabrication. Case in point the DCD welds failing because well... they’re weren’t welds lol.

jdofmemi

A lot of carnage yesterday especially when it comes to tail lights. I think there may have been as many as 7 that were taken out. Of course, we hit the side of our bed and Synergy took out their hard top. Ara was giving it hell and tore off his rear EVO long arm brackets of which, we found that DCD, the shop who welded them on used RTV in places that they had a hard time reaching. Frickin ridiculous!!

Other than that, I’m happy to say all is well and everyone is having a great time. The obstacles are tough here for sure and if only because everything is so slick and requires a lot of skinny pedal and then there are tight trees everywhere just to kick things up a notch.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

That is mind boggling, that a supposedly reputable shop would risk their name and reputation by pulling something so shady.

I need a toilet flush emoji, as that is the sound of their reputation.

There are 10k winches and then there are REAL 10,000 lb rated winches. I have to say that I am super unimpressed with the WARN VR 10s. While the one Mel has never gave out, it struggles to all hell to get anything done. Mel has even resorted to letting line out almost to the drum to give it the most pulling power and is still having to resort to using a snatch block to get it to do anything. All the other ZEON winches including 9.5s have been working great.

The low dollar Warns are better than any of the other made in China winches, but still not even close to the real deal, like a ZEON, M, or XD.

Reading up on them, they will pull the rated 10K, but very slowly, only on the first layer. Each layer looses far more power and speed that the ZEON series.

Worse yet, the cool looking new VRs, with the housing that looks like a ZEON, are even weaker and slower than the original VR series.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I would be on DCD like stink on shit. That is unbelievably dangerous, and I hope news of this “install” travels fast and puts them out of business. I also hope Mel stops selling to them.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
There are 10k winches and then there are REAL 10,000 lb rated winches. I have to say that I am super unimpressed with the WARN VR 10s. While the one Mel has never gave out, it struggles to all hell to get anything done. Mel has even resorted to letting line out almost to the drum to give it the most pulling power and is still having to resort to using a snatch block to get it to do anything. All the other ZEON winches including 9.5s have been working great.

Good to hear I made the right choice

Dan09:13

A lot of carnage yesterday especially when it comes to tail lights. I think there may have been as many as 7 that were taken out. Of course, we hit the side of our bed and Synergy took out their hard top. Ara was giving it hell and tore off his rear EVO long arm brackets of which, we found that DCD, the shop who welded them on used RTV in places that they had a hard time reaching. Frickin ridiculous!!

Other than that, I’m happy to say all is well and everyone is having a great time. The obstacles are tough here for sure and if only because everything is so slick and requires a lot of skinny pedal and then there are tight trees everywhere just to kick things up a notch.

Let's see the pics of the damage on Ara's jeep. Let's confirm that were talking about the right shop doing the welding job.

Dan09:13

I call bs on the so call silicone job on the long arm brackets. Sound like someone is trying to point the finger to someone else! Lol

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Let's see the pics of the damage on Ara's jeep. Let's confirm that were talking about the right shop doing the welding job.

I call bs on the so call silicone job on the long arm brackets. Sound like someone is trying to point the finger to someone else! Lol

Vendors are not allowed to participate here unless given permission by the owners. You might want to get permission to be here DCD.

Top Bottom