Houston Area Wayalife-ers!

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I try to remember to carry my CB after that day lol

Yes! Luckily everyone had recovery gear and willing to lend a hand[emoji41]

a functioning CB is after all... a MINIMUM REQUIREMENT! :cheesy:

But had you stayed a bit more passenger (I know unlikely giving the sharp "S" turn just before the obstacle) you likely could have passed it. you just needed to keep your passenger tire up on the right (left in the pic) and out of the washout.

Last edited:

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
a functioning CB is after all... a MINIMUM REQUIREMENT! :cheesy:

But had you stayed a bit more passenger (I know unlikely giving the sharp "S" turn just before the obstacle) you likely could have passed it. you just needed to keep your passenger tire up on the right (left in the pic) and out of the washout.
Yeah i remember looking at the photos thinking i shoulda just rode the wall some more lol
I had went a few months back to go through it again. sadly it had gotten washed out and was nowhere near as bad, it had just turned into a little slope/drop. :sad:
Not only CB, but also ANTENNA!!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

This! See, i always forget either or! :banghead:
I need to make a checklist for my communication devices from now on lol
Definitely dont want to forget them for the Exodus trip [emoji57]

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Did you slip off the ledge trying to split the v or take it off camber and bottom out? Makes for a good picture.

I was riding the wall and didnt think the drop was going to be so big. so i decided to just turn into the hole, (didnt bother to get off and check) and thats how it happened.
Best of all, no body damage :thumb:

On a side note, was able to pick up some poison spyder crusher corners for cheap and thinking of going with some mce fenders. Anyone install corners on their rig??? Some help would be appreciated and I have a plethora of beer, whiskey, boudin and steak

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

tdougherty81

On a side note, was able to pick up some poison spyder crusher corners for cheap and thinking of going with some mce fenders. Anyone install corners on their rig??? Some help would be appreciated and I have a plethora of beer, whiskey, boudin and steak

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app
I just did my corners a couple weeks ago. I could possibly give a hand. Nutcert tool and a 3/8 spot hole cutter makes it easier.

Sent from my LG-H872 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
We're good. Floods everywhere in the city...some areas are way worse than others. City is asking for high water vehicles to help. Tried calling the number for 30 minutes now and it's been busy. The rain just won't let up.

I think high water vehicles (think 4x4's on 37's & up with winches), small boats & jet skis would be appreciated...they will also need drinkable water & hot meals...I may fly back & drive down. There are a lot of people that would appreciate hot coffee & a cup of soup...

Mikeyboc

I think high water vehicles (think 4x4's on 37's & up with winches), small boats & jet skis would be appreciated...they will also need drinkable water & hot meals...I may fly back & drive down. There are a lot of people that would appreciate hot coffee & a cup of soup...

I teach at a school down in Rosenberg. Most of the mandatory evacuations are where my students live. I'm just torn up that these kids are going to loose everything when the Brazos River crests. I saw heartbreaking videos when the last flood hit. It's one thing to see people on the news, it's totally different to see kids you know on there. We drove that way earlier today to see if we could help any of them get up to the shelter set up at the local high school and we couldn't make it without some big time risk.

I know anyone of them would appreciate any type of pick me up.

Top Bottom