10A Or Rock Hard Front Bumper

ctlazer5

You guys are probably right but I am not going to be wheeling a real lot and when I do it probably won't be that extreme. I also like the way it looks and think for my purposes and what I need it for I like it. I wanted a bumper that has a recessed winch mount, stubby, has oem fog light mounts/holes, and can have my 2 KC aux lights mounted on it. But just my reasoning...

Spartan

Then add the extra cost for the winch plate to run a winch.
I like the look, they are a thin bumper. Not very heavy duty. I wouldn't pay very much for a used one. They are about a 400 dollar bumper imo

I agree I would pay about $200-250 for a used one. I like the look, but like you once you get over $400 you can get a more heavy duty bumper for around the same price.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
You guys are probably right but I am not going to be wheeling a real lot and when I do it probably won't be that extreme. I also like the way it looks and think for my purposes and what I need it for I like it. I wanted a bumper that has a recessed winch mount, stubby, has oem fog light mounts/holes, and can have my 2 KC aux lights mounted on it. But just my reasoning...

Recessed winch mount, check. OEM fog lights, check. Can mount KC lights, check. WAY better bumper than the 10a, beefy as hell, and it's not 1300 bucks either. Just saying. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426857253.039859.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426857331.607283.jpg

etl330

I don't know, I like the 10A bumper a lot. It's especially nice to be able to add the wings and have a full width if the cops hassle you or you'll be doing any driving where you'd want a little more protection like in the city. I picked one up a few months ago, but still haven't put it on because it says Rubi on it and I feel silly because don't have a rubi lol. Where in CT are you? I may consider selling it.

ctlazer5

What kind of condition is it in? Is that your jeep that it is installed on? Just wondering because you said you hadn't mounted it yet. I am in central CT, Hartford county. I am also on the shoreline quite often. Where on LI are you located? I might be interested if you think about selling it.

etl330

What kind of condition is it in? Is that your jeep that it is installed on? Just wondering because you said you hadn't mounted it yet. I am in central CT, Hartford county. I am also on the shoreline quite often. Where on LI are you located? I might be interested if you think about selling it.

It's in okay condition. The crush can covers have a few small scrapes(but they're replaceable if you're really anal) and there's a little rock rash on the underside(pic attached). The rock rash is obvious...the other stuff it just dust/dirt from sitting in the garage.

It is my jeep. I switched my fog lights out so while I had my bumper off I threw the 10A on to take some pictures in case I decided to sell it.

I'm in Babylon.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426861124.334223.jpg

ctlazer5

Well if you decide to sell it. Let me know. I am a neat freak so the crush cans would probably have to be replaced imo but I do not know where I would be able to find replacements. Also the rock rash underneath, can you see it or is it underneath?

mds22

I don't know, I like the 10A bumper a lot. It's especially nice to be able to add the wings and have a full width if the cops hassle you or you'll be doing any driving where you'd want a little more protection like in the city. I picked one up a few months ago, but still haven't put it on because it says Rubi on it and I feel silly because don't have a rubi lol. Where in CT are you? I may consider selling it.

If you have a winch it doesn't say Rubicon anywhere. Mine came with a winch plate when I bought it used.

jeeper52

LOSER
I have a brand new one that i am selling. Let me know if you are still interested.

Attachments

• 20150321_075714.jpg
    20150321_075714.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 150

mds22

There is one for sale on another forum for $900 complete front/rear if you're still looking

ctlazer5

There is one for sale on another forum for $900 complete front/rear if you're still looking

Thank you for the update. Since time has passed i've had the chance to explore other options and ideas and because of that I think I am going to go a different route with the whole front bumper thing. Thank you for keeping an eye out though. :thumb:

mds22

Any chance you could PM me the other forum to take a look if it's still there?

Thanks!

It was located in a "low cost-free mod" thread, in another JK forum. You'll have to do some digging. He was a new guy and never listed it in the for sale section. He had pictures posted of it already removed. Sorry can't be more help.

tyscty

I am switching mine out in Yucaipa tomorrow. I was hit and it scratched the end cap and broke the plastic piece around the fog light on one side. Anyways I'm in the military and am shipping off to Hawaii next week. If you are in SoCal... You can swing by and have it for a cold beer😃. It will sure be a lot cheaper to have it re-powder coated than to buy a new one.

The scratches look worse in the picture because most of that is snow and dirt debris.

Shane

Anyways let me know...
Shane (505)944-5428

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428674606.264818.jpg

Top Bottom