'13 JKU Drag Link/Tie Rod Movement

Exodus 4x4

So my passenger side LCA shows 1/4" shorter than the driver side. I did find a small scratch on the bottom, near the middle where I must've smacked it pretty good. I guess that means either a new stock one or an excuse for adjustable front lowers.

If I get adjustable front LCA's will this throw anything else out like the track bar?

I don't think it makes a difference. I don't know what shipping would cost but you could have my factory LCA. I think it's the same for factory 30 and 44's.

USMC Wrangler

I don't think it makes a difference. I don't know what shipping would cost but you could have my factory LCA. I think it's the same for factory 30 and 44's.

I appreciate it. My concern is if the factory arms are this weak I'll just bend another. Thanks again for the offer!

RyanAZ

Did you try rotating the tires back to their original position? This would help rule out a tire issue.

WJCO

Meme King
So my passenger side LCA shows 1/4" shorter than the driver side. I did find a small scratch on the bottom, near the middle where I must've smacked it pretty good. I guess that means either a new stock one or an excuse for adjustable front lowers.

If I get adjustable front LCA's will this throw anything else out like the track bar?

Glad you found that! That should definitely correct the caster. It shouldn't mess with anything. Put that baby on and retest.

USMC Wrangler

@Ryan AZ

No I haven't. When I found the castor so different the other day I figured that was my biggest issue.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks! RK LCA's have been ordered.

Good deal. That'd be badass if it fixed your problem. I know you've been fighting it for awhile. I actually have something similar going on with my rear lower control arms. I'm hoping to have it fixed in the next couple of weeks. My bushings are shot and it pulls when accelerating or decelerating.

USMC Wrangler

I hope it fixes it too and you get yours sorted out! I'll be sure to post results once they arrive and I get them installed.

USMC Wrangler

So these arrived just now. Too bad I'm a big baby to install these in the cold weather today. Hopefully I can get to them on Sunday! These things are beefy!!!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454544605.841770.jpg

For the record, I do realize from reading Eddie's alignment write up that the front uppers, not lowers, really adjust the camber. But clearly my factory lower pass side arm is bent.

Last edited:

USMC Wrangler

So the new FLCA's are installed and NO MORE PULLING!!! The arms are set as short as they go but that got me to 90* using the front of the diff, like Eddie shows in the alignment write up. Both are showing between 6-7* at the balljoints. It's so nice to not be wandering all over the place on the road anymore!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454890147.453495.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454890173.585809.jpg

Top Bottom