15 JKU Sahara Vibrations

koko1

Any updates on your vibration issues?

Yes sir. I ended up pushing the tire place to either replace the tire or give me a refund and they opted to refund me. Went to another tire store after drilling them on how they balance their tires. They said they always use road force and will break down a tire if needed to get a balanced tire. Ended up ordering some Cooper stt pro 35s from them. Had them put on yesterday and problem is gone. So it was the tire but more so the tire places ability to balance it. I had the other shop I bought the cooper's from and they laughed at how they had them balanced. They had duct tape on one wheel over the weights. No idea why but they said that would throw off the balance on bigger tires. The cooper's are smooth as glass and ride on road more like a r/t that the m/t they are. Very quite and $170 cheaper than the Toyos plus a $70 mail in rebate. Thanks for all your help and advice. I was going crazy the past 2 weeks adjusting control arms, swapping tires and pulling drive shafts. I now just have a small steering correction problem I need to figure out. I find at highway speeds I have a little more correction than I like. I made a small caster correction last night but need to confirm if that helped. Toe is showing 1/8" toe in. Thinking if caster doesn't correct it I may toe it out to 1/16". I have right at 3.5" lift so have also been looking into a drag link flip but I don't have bad bump steer so don't know if that would correct my loose steering which requires corrections at highway speed..

Top Bottom