15000 Mile JKU Maintenance

avstec

Definitely avoid them. Not sure why at 15000 miles you would need to change your brake fluid. A bunch of the stuff on the list screams stealership scam. Doing it yourself gives you the chance to learn more about your Jeep which could help you one day on the trail. Good luck.🍻

Sent from my Pixel using WAYALIFE mobile app

The owners manual is Factory recommended, the list the OP posted is dealer recommended. What the factory states should be your guiding principles.

When you approach the service writer, have your owners manual open to the factory service section....compare notes with them.

Total scam.

I'm shocked they didn't add in fuel injector clean and throttle body clean....another classic one.

Google the topic in general, amazing what you will find....

Glad to see they included the lube sticker...baahahahaha

Sent from my SM-T560NU using WAYALIFE mobile app

TC1201JK

Thanks for all the responses! I’ll start doing some research and I will knock them out one by one.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I’d look into the “My Jeep” app. You can register your jeep, get all the recommended maintenance, access your owners manual, alerts you of recalls and when doing your own maintenance you can record it there for your records and future warranty issues. Be sure to also save all corresponding receipts.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
I’d look into the “My Jeep” app. You can register your jeep, get all the recommended maintenance, access your owners manual, alerts you of recalls and when doing your own maintenance you can record it there for your records and future warranty issues. Be sure to also save all corresponding receipts.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Do you register on Jeeps site? I just checked play store for My Jeep app, could not seem to find it. Thanks

stevek

If I can do it anyone can.

I just changed my front and rear fluid at 39000. The rear fluid was pretty black as the dealer said. They wanted $200 per axle to change it. I used the expensive Royal Purple brand and bought an oil catch pan, and spent less than $100 total. It was the easiest thing I have ever done.

Steve

Top Bottom