15k Miles and Leaking Oil

SDG

Caught the Bug
If it's the oil cooler, there will be oil near the oil filter in the valley between the valves. Pretty sure that's what mine has as oil mysteriously shows up on the mating surface of trans and engine then leaks down onto the crossmember. Makes it real nice when it drips on the exhaust crossover.

20180403_184019.jpg 20180403_183940.jpg

Rubicon310

What ended up happening? I just dropped my 17 for the same thing and the advisor immediately tried to hit me with operator error while off roading

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

The dealership ended up ordering a new long block from Chrysler and covered it under warranty. Funny thing is that the Jeep still seems to be leaking oil. It’s going back next Monday and Chrysler is involved. I think California law states that this might be a lemon. I just want the damn thing fixed.

erik932

The dealership ended up ordering a new long block from Chrysler and covered it under warranty. Funny thing is that the Jeep still seems to be leaking oil. It’s going back next Monday and Chrysler is involved. I think California law states that this might be a lemon. I just want the damn thing fixed.

Wow that’s crazy. Yea I think after a “reasonable” amount of attempts you are able to lemon law it. Do you not want it lemon lawed? Might be a good opportunity to upgrade! At least I would lol.

dirtdonthurt

so me and my dealer are watching the leak to see its progression. they can't understand why this is the third rms that was swapped. I'm thinking odd shaped crank or rust on the crankshaft or a groove I can't figure it out.

Rubicon310

Chrysler ended up agreeing to “lemon” my Jeep. They will be buying it back. Unfortunately, I don’t get any compensation for any of the aftermarket parts I installed.

Rubicon310

Yes, at this point I think I will be removing the stuff to try and recoup some of the money. Looks like I’ll be hit with a 6,000 dollar “usage” fee. Oh well, I’ll put the money down towards a JL.

mallavoider

Yes, at this point I think I will be removing the stuff to try and recoup some of the money. Looks like I’ll be hit with a 6,000 dollar “usage” fee. Oh well, I’ll put the money down towards a JL.

You may be able to fight that too. Social media is ver powerful nowadays. Good luck !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dirtdonthurt

sorry to revive this but I had the dealer swap out my leaky oil cooler. it finally cracked in the rear plug. they were hoping that was the leak I haveor had for so long . well its been weeks and I've cleaned so much residual oil that it looks like my rear main will be swapped for the 4th time soon. they are now monitoring the leak since it never drips only lubricates the oil pan lol. tech that has done some of my rms said the last time he changed the rms there was no active oil coming from it but because it was approved he had to swap. does anybody think thats strange, that he didn't see a leak. maybe hairline crack im thinking or maybe the crank is little out of round and this is why I've had 3 rms replaced already. the next time they pull the trans I told them want to be present. its still covered under extended warranty . after that I may just have my local shop give it a go.just tired of always seeing oil not where its supposed to be

Top Bottom