1952 m100 Jeep Trailer build

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
There’s a couple companies that make replacement floor panels for these.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Thanks. I did find a couple places online that sell them. One place was $400 and the other I recently found was $300. That’s really not bad but that’s not including shipping which I’d imagine is expensive for something that size. I’m trying to keep the cost of things relatively low but it is tempting.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Really cool project! What a cool (and handy) trailer to have. Geneva isnt too far from where I'm from too. Wonder if they still have that manufacturing place in that area. I live close to a this old arsenal near Wilmington IL where they made bombs and weapons for WW2. Really, really cool place. Looking forward to the pics and restore.

Thanks Chris. That’s pretty wild that you have that old arsenal nearby. Hopefully I’ll have done updates to share soon.

Abntroop

Nice work! She’s in good shape, looking forward to seeing more progress

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Well, nothing really new to report. The welder I had lined up got too busy with other work do I had to get a new person. Good news is the new shop is going to rebuild the entire frame git nearly the same price as restoring old one. It will give me peace of mind for trail use. Going to have about a two week wait before I get it back and then on to painting.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Since I had a whole new frame built for the trailer I decided not to re-use the old axle/shock mounts but instead try out a 1 ton Timbren axle-less suspension set up. Here’s a mock up of a wheel mounted up to some extra square tubing I had laying around.

IMG_5344.jpg

IMG_5348.jpg

I can’t wait to get trailer finished painted and then mount these guys up.

Last edited:

bhaner

Wow! Very cool!

I got what looks to be the exact same trailer with my CJ2A. The release paper I have also shows it to be a 1952.

Mine has a bit of a bend in the front corner... But looks to be in decent shape outside of that.

84582198_10158451466461703_3861641033624964339_o.jpg

Can I ask what you paid for yours? Curious as to what they are worth.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Sandblasting done. Got my first look at it today. Not too many secrets revealed, pretty good shape overall. It looks really strange with the paint completely stripped off. The floor of the trailer doesn't look as bad as I initially thought, leaning towards keeping it and just patching up a few areas. Next up is to have side rails fixed up and then primer and bedlining. More to come in the next few weeks.

View attachment 345793

View attachment 345794

View attachment 345795

View attachment 345796

Sand blasting made a world of difference!

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Wow! Very cool!

I got what looks to be the exact same trailer with my CJ2A. The release paper I have also shows it to be a 1952.

Mine has a bit of a bend in the front corner... But looks to be in decent shape outside of that.

View attachment 349050

Can I ask what you paid for yours? Curious as to what they are worth.

Very cool! Nice lot you got there. The guy was asking $800 for it if I recall. We settled on $500 in the end.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Tub and frame painted. Also did raptor line on the bed and inner fenders. Came out pretty good. Kind of wish the green was a little more towards a darker olive but I’ll live with it. Next week, I’ll try and get the timbren brackets installed. I started filling out the paperwork to get this thing titled and registered. Gonna take a while, especially in the age of COVID. Oh well, guess I’ll be able to use this thing next season.

IMG_5368.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom